Soframycin Tube Of 100gm Skin Cream
Soframycin 1 %W/W Description
Soframycin skin cream is a topical antibiotic cream. It is used to treat various skin conditions caused by a bacterial infection associated with skin, hair, external ear and nail infections caused by
bacteria and open wounds suspected to have a bacterial infection. The cream contains framycetin as its active ingredient that works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. Soframycin cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor.
Uses of Soframycin 1 %W/W
- Soframycin cream is used for the treatment of infections of hair, nails, skin and external ear.
- To treat skin conditions such as burns, scalds, wounds, ulcers and boils suspected to have a bacterial infection.
- It is also used to treat secondary infection in sores due to scabies and scratching of scalp skin due to lice.
Contraindications of Soframycin 1 %W/W
- If you are allergic to framycetin or any other components of Soframycin skin cream.
- If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant or trying to conceive.
- If you have perforations in your eardrum (a thin membrane that separates your ear canal from your middle ear).
Side effects of Soframycin 1 %W/W
Precautions and Warnings of Soframycin 1 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You have a perforations in your eardrum or tympanic membrane as it can cause deafness.
- You experience an allergic reaction on the skin after using Soframycin cream.
- This medicine is associated with the risk of ear-related disorders and even deafness, do not use it for prolonged duration and on open wounds or damaged skin.
- Soframycin cream should not be used in children and infants without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use this medicine for a prolonged duration and on larger skin areas.
Mode of Action of Soframycin 1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Soframycin 1 %W/W
- Use this medicine for the exact duration it is prescribed for.
- Apply a thin layer of cream and repeat as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Soframycin 1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Soframycin 1 %W/W
- Store Soframycin skin cream below 25°C.
- Keep it protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.