Sinemet 125mg Tablet
Sinemet 125mg Tablet Description
Sinemet Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease and movement disorders. Parkinson's disease is a brain disorder that can lead to loss of control over certain body functions of individ
uals and is accompanied by shaking, stiffness and difficulty with walking, balance and coordination. Sinemet Tablet is a combination medicine containing levodopa and carbidopa. It increases the level of a chemical substance called dopamine, a decrease in the level of this substance is responsible for the symptoms of this disease. Sinemet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
- Lcd 125mg TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.16₹ 23.09₹ 2.31/Tablet
- Syndopa Plus Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.70₹ 2.38/Tablet
Uses of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
Contraindications of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to levodopa, carbidopa or any ingredients of Sinemet Tablet.
- If you have a history of skin cancer called melanoma or the presence of moles on the skin which have not been clinically checked by a doctor.
- If you are taking medicines for mental health disorders belonging to a class MOAIs like Rasagiline should be stopped at least 14 days before you start taking this medicine.
- If you have raised pressure in the eyes, it is condition called narrow-angle Glaucoma.
- If you are diagnosed with any serious mental illness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant or if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
- Uncontrolled movements
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience mood changes, sleep attacks or excessive sleepiness.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have or had an ulcer in your stomach or intestine.
- You have had a heart attack or heart disorder or breathing problems.
- You have had kidney, liver or hormonal problems.
- You have a due surgery or operation.
- You have an eye condition called 'glaucoma’, you will need to have regular checks on the pressure in your eye.
Mode of Action of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Sinemet offers relief in symptoms of Parkinson’s disease by increasing the levels of dopamine in the brain.
- Levodopa gets converted into Dopamine. This dopamine gives relief from symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Carbidopa helps in maintaining an optimal level of levodopa by inhibiting its breakdown by enzymes before it reaches the brain.
Directions for Use of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
- Take Sinemet Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Try to take it at a fixed time every day as advised by your doctor.
- Do not skip the doses even if you feel better.
Interactions of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Sinemet Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking any other medicine especially to treat Parkinson’s disease.
- If you are taking any iron preparations as it may decrease the effectiveness of the Sinemet Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Medicine for any mental illness may cause worsening of side effects; the dose needs to be adjusted.
- The patient’s response should be monitored when administered Sinemet Tablet with anticholinergic preparations like Benzatropine and Procyclidine.
- You may experience low blood pressure on standing suddenly from lying posture if you are on any antihypertensives.
- Medicine for tuberculosis and epilepsy may require a change in dosage.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
- Store Sinemet Tablet at a temperature below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sinemet 125mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Sinemet be taken empty stomach?
Q: Can Sinemet Tablet cause dark urine?
Q: Can we stop Sinemet Tablet?
- Sinemet Plus 25 mg/100 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Levodopa/Carbidopa [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Levodopa [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Sinemet Plus 25 mg/100 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]