Simvin 5mg Tab
By MEDLEY PHARMACEUTICAL PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Simvin Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol and to reduce the risk of a heart-related condition in patients. It contains simvastatin from a class of medicines called statins. The medicine interferes with the formation of cholesterol or fat in the body. The dose and duration of the medicine are decided by the doctor after accessing the complete medical history. Patients with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that, one must take the medicine on time and follow the lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by the doctor.
Uses of Simvin 5mg Tab
- For treatment of high blood cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia) along with diet and exercise.
- To reduce the risk of heart diseases in patients who are more likely to get such conditions.
Contraindications of Simvin 5mg Tab
- If you are allergic to simvastatin or other components of the medicine.
- If you have liver-related problems.
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant and nursing women.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines, anti-HIV medicines, antibiotics, danazol, cholesterol-lowering medicine like gemfibrozil and immunomodulators like ciclosporin, etc. If you are not sure ask the doctor which are these medicines.Read less
Side effects of Simvin 5mg Tab
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Simvin 5mg Tab
Can I take Simvin Tablet during pregnancy?
Simvin Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. If pregnancy detected while taking this medicine inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Simvin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Women taking this medicine should not breastfeed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Simvin Tablet?
This medicine has no or little influence on the ability to drive and use machines. If you experience dizziness after taking the medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Simvin Tablet?
The medicine must be used cautiously in patients who consume a large amount of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have diabetes, liver or lung-related problem, obesity or high blood pressure.
- You drink large amounts of alcohol.
- You have ever had muscle problems during treatment with cholesterol-lowering medicines called “statins” or fibrates.
- The chances of getting a muscle-related problem are more common in the elderly (over 65 years of age), females, in patients with hypothyroidism, if you consume a large amount of alcohol, have a family history of muscle problem following use of similar medicines.Read less
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness.
Mode of Action of Simvin 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits an enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase which is crucial for the synthesis of cholesterol.
Directions for Use of Simvin 5mg Tab
- Take the medicine as advised by the doctor. Take regularly at the same time.
Interactions of Simvin 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Simvin Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines used for heart related problem like amiodarone, amlodipine, verapamil, diltiazem, etc with Simvin may lead to adverse effects. It is recommended to monitor the patient closely. Concomitant use of fusidic acid with this medicine may lead to adverse effects. It is recommended to monitor the patient closely.Read less
- Inform the physician about any other medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid the consumption of grapefruit while on treatment with the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Simvin 5mg Tab
Store at a dry place, protect from direct sunlight. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Simvin 5mg Tab
- An overdose must be immediately reported to the treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
You must never miss a dose of the medicine and if missed take the dose as soon as possible. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Simvin Tablet be crushed?
A: Swallow this medicines as a whole. Do not crush or break into halves while taking the medicine.
Q: What for Simvin Tablet used?
A: The medicine helps in decreasing high blood cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia) and decrease the risk of heart diseases in patients who are more likely to get such a condition.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking the medicine?
A: You must limit the alcohol intake while taking the medicine. Talk to the doctor if you have a regular habit of drinking as consuming alcohol.
- Simvastatin 40mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Simvastatin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- Simvastatin: a medicine used to lower cholesterol [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 12 Jun 2021 | 07:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved