Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
By SIPRA REMEDIES PVT LTD
30 days return policyRead More
Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml contains Ofloxacin, which belongs to the group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones.
Uses of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
- Respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infection
- Infection of genital organs in male and female
- Skin and soft tissue infections
Contraindications of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
- Inflammation of veins (phlebitis)
- Injection site reaction (pain and reddening)
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of pharynx and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
Can I take Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml while breastfeeding?
Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml can pass into human breast milk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml?
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints
- Your age is more than 60 years, then chances of tendon disorders is high
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing
- You have a history of mental illness, fits
- You have liver or kidney disorders
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen
Mode of Action of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, Amiodarone, Sotalol, Dofetilide, Ibutilide
- Medicines used to treat depression like Clomipramine, Cmitriptyline
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Azithromycin
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicineread less
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling
- Medicines used as painkillers like Ibruprofen or Diclofenac
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like Theophylline
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide, Furosemide
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimentidine, Probenicid
- Medicines used as blood thinners like Warfarin
- Medicine used to treat HIV infections like Didanose
Storage and disposal of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
- Store Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml at room temperature
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection; therefore, it is unlikely that you overdose on the medicine. However, symptoms of overdose may include confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea and gastric mucosal erosions (inflammation of mucous membrane of stomach lining).
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Siflox 200mg Inf 100ml?
A: Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhea while taking Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved