Setron 4mg Tablet
By TAURUS LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Setron 4 MG Description
Setron Tablet is used to control nausea and vomiting. It contains ondansetron, and it belongs to a class of antiemetic medicines. It works by blocking the action of the natural hormone Serotonin, whi
ch causes nausea and vomiting. Setron Tablet should not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be consumed in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth, flushing, hiccups|
Check more medicines with composition as Ondansetron(4.0 Mg)
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Setron 4mg Tablet
- Ondiron Md 4mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.11₹ 49.391.59% CHEAPER₹ 4.94/Tablet
- Ondet 4mg TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.66₹ 46.467.37% CHEAPER₹ 4.65/Tablet
- Ondet Md 4mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.30₹ 40.8118.73% CHEAPER₹ 4.08/Tablet
- Emeset 4mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.29₹ 41.0318.33% CHEAPER₹ 4.1/Tablet
- Ondem 4mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.27₹ 49.531.39% CHEAPER₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Vomikind Md 4mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.2523.71% CHEAPER₹ 3.83/Tablet
Uses of Setron 4 MG
Setron Tablet is used to prevent and manage nausea and vomiting induced due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations....
Contraindications of Setron 4 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Setron Tablet.
- If you are consuming a medicine called Apomorphine, which is used to treat the loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Setron 4 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Setron 4 MG
Can I take Setron Tablet during pregnancy?
Setron Tablet must not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy as it can induce the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, then you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine. Women of childbearing age should use birth control measures while taking this medicine to avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Setron Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine gets absorbed into the human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Consult the doctor before taking this medicine during lactation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Setron Tablet?
Setron Tablet does not affect your driving ability. In case you experience visual disturbances and drowsiness after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Setron Tablet?
There is limited information about the interaction of Setron Tablet with alcohol, but avoid consuming alcohol, as it can induce vomiting and nausea. It can also escalate the chances of getting side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver problems.
- You are experiencing a condition of salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are going through fluid loss.
- You are allergic to medicines that are similar like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You are experiencing severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
Mode of Action of Setron 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Setron Tablet works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance named Serotonin, which is responsible for inducing nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhibits the binding of Serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea....
Directions for Use of Setron 4 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine and for a longer duration.
Interactions of Setron 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Setron Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Be careful if you are taking medicine like Amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or Arrhythmias.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole....
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Setron Tablet along with Apomorphine. Hence, these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain such as Tramadol may not work when taken along with Setron Tablet.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness such as Citalopram or Sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Rifampicin may affect the action of Setron Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Setron 4 MG
- Store Setron Tablet in the original packaging.
- Keep the medicine out of reach from children and pets.
- Do not flush unused or expired medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Setron 4 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Setron Tablet are visual disturbances, constipation, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm. If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Setron Tablet, then take it as soon as possible. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Setron Tablet be given during pregnancy?
- No, it should not be given to a pregnant woman, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: Is Setron Tablet useful for motion sickness?
A: No, it should not be used for motion sickness.
Q: What is Setron Tablet used for?
A: Setron Tablet is used to manage nausea and vomiting during cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy. It helps in preventing post and pre-operation/surgery emesis.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Setron Tablet?
- Inform your doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Setron Tablet sedative?
A: No, Setron Tablet is not known to cause any sedative effect.
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed