Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets Description
Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections.
It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It contains a combination of Cefixime, and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It is advised to complete the entire course of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets mg tablet, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
Uses of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
- Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets is used to treat bacterial infections of ear, nose or sinuses, urinary system, throat infections and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
Side effects of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Skin itching
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure or liver disease.
- You experience skin reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
Mode of Action of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets contains cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It works by inhibiting the growth of the cell walls of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Lactobacillus are a gut friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
- Take Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets works or Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
- Store it below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets for tooth infections?
Q: How many days Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets should be taken?
Q: Can I take Sefxim Lb Dt 100mg Tablets for fever and cold?
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Bacillus Coagulans: MedlinePlus Supplements. [Internet] Medlineplus.gov. [cited 23 June 2022].