By BRINTON PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Scadis 5 % Description
Scadis Cream is used for the treatment of scabies. It is a topical Cream containing permethrin as the active ingredient. This Cream acts against scabies causing organisms called mites. Scabies is a s
kin infection caused by mite known as sarcoptes scabiei. You may experience such as intense itching and a pimple-like skin rash. This Cream acts by paralysing the causative organism mites and results in the death of mite. It is meant for external use only. Apply the Cream as directed by your doctor or pharmacist. It should not be applied on broken skin or near the eyes. Wash your hands before and after applying this Cream. Always apply the Cream on clean and dry skin.
|You Save||₹8.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Stinging, itching, burning, skin rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Permethrin(5.0 %)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Scadis Cream
- Nupermy Cream 30gmBy Nulife Pharmaceuticals30g Cream in TubeMRP 64.85₹ 64.85₹ 2.16/Gram
- Scabvent CreamBy Zee Laboratories Ltd30g Cream in TubeMRP 58.00₹ 58.00₹ 1.93/Gram
- Zeromite CreamBy Resilient Cosmeceuticals Private Limited30g Cream in TubeMRP 64.00₹ 64.00₹ 2.13/Gram
Uses of Scadis 5 %
Scadis Cream is used for the treatment of scabies.
Contraindications of Scadis 5 %
If you are allergic to permethrin, any other pyrethroids or pyrethrins or any of the components present in this Cream.
Side effects of Scadis 5 %
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Scadis 5 %
Can I apply Scadis Cream during pregnancy?
This medicine is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still, this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I apply Scadis Cream while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about its effect on breast milk and breastfed babies. Thus, it is advised not to be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period of time.
Can I drive if I have applied Scadis Cream?
Scadis Cream is a topical preparation, it is unlikely to affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Scadis Cream?
It is advised to consult with your doctor or physician before applying this Cream.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your eyes come in contact with the medicine as it can cause irritation. Wash the eyes immediately in case the Cream comes in contact.
- You are allergic to this Cream.
- Keep it away from fire as it can catch the flame easily.
- Do not use it on children below 2 years of age unless prescribed by a doctor.
Mode of Action of Scadis 5 %
How Does It Work?
Scadis Cream acts by paralysing the mites, a scabies causing organism, by damaging their nerve cell membrane. Thus, leading to the death of mite and spread of disease.
Directions for Use of Scadis 5 %
- It is meant for external use only.
- Apply this Cream as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- It should not be applied on broken skin or near the eyes.
- Always apply the cream on clean and dry skin.
- Always wash your body after 8-10 hours of application of Cream.
Interactions of Scadis 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Scadis 5 %
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not freeze the Cream.
- Store in the original package to protect from light and moisture.
Dosage of Scadis 5 %
As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to apply this medicine, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Scadis Cream used for?
A: Scadis Cream is used for the treatment of scabies.
Q: Can I cook after applying Scadis Cream?
A: You should be cautious while on this medicine. As Scadis Cream gets absorbed into the fabric such as dressings, clothing and bedding and can catch the fire easily from the naked flame.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Permethrin 5% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- DailyMed - PERMETHRIN- permethrin cream 5% w/w cream [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed