Sanmonte L Tablets
By BMW PHARMACO INDIA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sanmonte L Tablets Description
Sanmonte L Tab contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
|You Save||₹18.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine + Montelukast|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Uses of Sanmonte L Tablets
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Sanmonte L Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
Side effects of Sanmonte L Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Sanmonte L Tablets
Can I take Sanmonte L Tab during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Sanmonte L Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Sanmonte L Tab?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Sanmonte L Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in acute attack
Mode of Action of Sanmonte L Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Sanmonte L Tablets
Take the medicines as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Sanmonte L Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Sanmonte L Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Try to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Sanmonte L Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Lettuce: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Oregano: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Maple Syrup: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Puffed Rice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
What Food To Eat And What To Avoid After LASIK?
Strawberry: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Food For People With Gall Bladder Stones
Black Rice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Gulkand: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Suji (Semolina): Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Wheat: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Benefits Of Eating Vitamins Regularly
Types Of Nebulisers And How They Help
Can You Exercise With Gall Bladder Stone
Porn Addiction: Know About Its Causes And Cure
Painful Intercourse: Causes, Symptoms And Possible Treatments
Medicine Hacks For People With Heart Disease
Importance Of Using Protection During Oral Sex
IUD As A Contraceptive Device- Effectiveness & Risks
Prepare Yourselves Against Swine Flu Outbreak
Spring Onion: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Banana Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Soybean: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Besan: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Pine Nuts: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Home Remedies For Gall Bladder Stone
Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms To Watch Out For
Importance Of Site Rotation
Benefits of Padmasana and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Tadasana and How to Do It By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Kapalbhati and How to Do It By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits of Chakrasana and How to Do It By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Bhujangasana and How to Do It By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Dried Dates: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Black Chana: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Peanuts: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Rajma (Kidney Beans): Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Complete Guide On The Female Reproductive System
The Tomato Flu Outbreak In India: All You Need To Know
Home Remedies For Jaundice By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Toothache By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Migraine By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Teeth Whitening By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Throat Infection By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Mosquito Bite By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Malaria By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
What Are Asthma Triggers & How You Can Avoid Them
Home Remedies For UTI By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Viral Fever By Dr. Siddharth Gupta
Home Remedies For Itchy Scalp By Dr. Siddharth Gupta