Rozavel 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S contains rosuvastatin which belongs to the class of medicines called statins. The medicine reduces the levels of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoproteins) in the body.
Uses of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
- Treatment of high cholesterol levels, heart diseases, and high blood pressure
- Prevention of stroke and reduction of the risk of a heart attack
Contraindications of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
- Allergy to rosuvastatin
- Kidney or liver problems
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Alcohol addiction
Side effects of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
- Headache and dizziness
- Stomach ache, heartburn, constipation, or nausea
- Myopathy, muscle aches, lethargy, or fever (severe, seek immediate medical attention)
- Abnormal muscle breakdown known as rhabdomyolysis (severe, seek immediate medical attention)
- Acute kidney failure (severe, seek immediate medical attention)
- Dark coloured or bloody urine (severe, seek immediate medical attention)
Precautions and Warnings of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken if you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy as it is harmful to the foetus. If you are a woman of child bearing age, use effective contraceptives while taking this medicine to avoid complications resulting from the medicine.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Rosuvastatin passes into the breast milk in small amounts. Do not consume this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
You can drive while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Reduce your alcohol intake while taking this medicine as the combination of the two can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Consult your physician before taking this medicine. If you are on a medicine called fusidic acid or have taken it in the last 7 days, inform your doctor immediately. Rosuvastatin and fusidic acid are not to be taken together as it could lead to severe muscle issues. Inform your doctor if you drink a large amount of alcohol regularly or have kidney or liver problems, muscle aches, or a family history of muscle complaints. Also inform them if you have had muscular complaints in the past while taking cholesterol-lowering medicines.
Mode of Action of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
The statin composition of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S inhibits the action of an enzyme (HMG-CoA reductase) which helps produce cholesterol. As a result, the levels of bad cholesterol are reduced and the levels of good cholesterol are increased.
Directions for Use of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
Inform your physician about all your medical conditions and medications before beginning your treatment. Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S is to be taken orally with or without food according to the dosage prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not chew or crush the tablet. Take the medicine daily as per your doctor's advice for best results.
Interactions of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Lipid-lowering agents used along with this medicine increase the risk of myopathy
- Monitor lipid levels when you are on amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Medicines like cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, and HIV protease inhibitors reduce the level of statins
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide should be avoided for two hours of taking rosuvastatin
- Do not take this medicine with fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid as it can cause serious muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Avoid taking this medicine if you have rhabdomyolysis, cognitive impairment, renal disease, liver disease, diabetes, haematuria, or proteinuria.
Storage and disposal of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
- Keep the medicine away from children
- Store the medicine in the container it came in
- Keep the medicine away from sunlight and moisture
- Keep the medicine at room temperature 68°F - 77°F (20-25°C)
- Dispose off unwanted and expired strips of the medicine
Dosage of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S
In case of an overdose of Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S, the usual side effects like headache, dizziness, heartburn, stomachache, and nausea, may be seen. Inform your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take the dose the moment you remember it. Avoid taking two doses of the medicine within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Rozavel 5mg Tab 10'S take to start working?
A: Results are seen within 2–4 weeks of starting the medicine. Your low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels will start decreasing with varying results in different individuals. Your doctor will adjust your dosage on each visit to achieve your cholesterol goal.
Q: Do I need to follow any precautions while taking this medicine?
A: Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have any liver or kidney disease. Avoid foods containing high-fat levels and exercise regularly to reduce your blood cholesterol levels while taking this medicine.
Q: How do I take this medicine if it interferes with my schedule?
A: Take your medicine at the same time daily. Connect your medicine with something you do daily, like brushing your teeth or eating your lunch or dinner. This will remind you to take the medicine along with it. You could also set an alarm or a reminder on your calendar to go off at the time of your dose. Use a pill organiser to keep your medicines as per the days of the week.
Q: How should I store this medicine?
A: Store this medicine at room temperature between 68°F and 77°F (20-25°C). Do not store medicine that has expired or unnecessary.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
A: Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking the medicine and reduce your alcohol intake. Consult your doctor for more details.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 12:15 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved