Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rosuvas 20mg tablet contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredients. It is a lipid-lowering medication, belonging to 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors' class of medicine. Rosuvastatin in Rosu
vas 20mg tablet acts by inhibiting the enzyme involved in the formation of cholesterol level in your body. Thus, it decreases the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases good cholesterol levels (HDL). You should preferably take this medicine at bedtime. Since, the cholesterol production or build-up takes places majorly at night, when the body is in resting phase, it is more effective when taken at night. Avoid consuming high fat and fried meals and engage yourself in some exercises to stay active and gain faster benefit along with this medicine....
Uses of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rosuvas 20mg tablet is used to lower your cholesterol, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood), reduce the risk of heart disease such as heart attack and prevent stroke.
Contraindications of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin or any other ingredient of Rosuvas 20mg tablet.
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease.
- If you or your family has a history of muscle disorder.
- If you are on any other cholesterol-lowering medicine.
- If you are on immunosuppressant medicine such as ciclosporin used to treat arthritis.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Rosuvas 20mg tablet during pregnancy?
Rosuvas 20mg tablet should not be used in pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine which can harm the foetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might be pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek for a safer alternative.
Can I take Rosuvas 20mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is limited information available on the use of Rosuvas 20mg tablet during breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rosuvas 20mg tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effect, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Rosuvas 20mg tablet?
- Alcohol intake should be reduced while on this medicine as it can lead to liver damage.
- You should not consume alcohol if you have high cholesterol levels, as alcohol further breaks down in the body and forms bad cholesterol. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine.
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have respiratory failure.
- You have diabetes, thyroid problems.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any muscle disorder.
- You experience any other symptoms after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is created by enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (
Directions for Use of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Rosuvas 20mg tablet in the dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food. However, it is better to tak
e it at a fixed time, preferably at bedtime....
Interactions of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of myopathy, when used with other lipid-lowering agents.
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing the levels ofstatins....Read more
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide.
- Fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping Fusidic acid.
Interactions with food items
Limit intake of grapefruit juice to very small quantities.
Storage and disposal of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Rosuvas 20mg tablets at or below 25°C.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Do not keep medicine that is out of date or that you no longer need.
Dosage of Rosuvas 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much dose of Rosuvas 20mg tablet than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will this medicine start to work?
A: You may see the lowering of LDL cholesterol in 2 to 4 weeks after starting this medicine. Results may vary between individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Every day, try to take the medicine at the same time. Try connecting medicine with daily activities such as brushing your teeth. Set an alarm clock at the time you need to take your medicine. You can also use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What is high cholesterol?
A: There is a waxy substance called cholesterol found in your blood. Your total cholesterol is made up of LDL and HDL cholesterol. LDL cholesterol is bad cholesterol. It gets built up in the wall of your blood vessels and slows or obstructs the blood flow to your heart, brain and other organs. Good cholesterol (HDL) prevents bad cholesterol from building up in the blood vessel.
Q: Can I stop taking statins?
A: These medicines are very effective in preventing heart diseases like heart attacks and strokes. It can be dangerous to stop taking statin suddenly. Please consult your doctor if you've been taking a Statin and would like to stop.
Q: Can I take Rosuvas 20mg tablet with aspirin?
A: There is no interaction found between aspirin and rosuvastatin. Please consult your healthcare provider to confirm.
Q: Can Rosuvas 20mg tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain due to Rosuvas 20mg tablet is an uncommon side effect, which means not everyone experiences this symptom. If this symptom is bothering you, talk to your doctor or dietician.
- ROSUVASTATIN- rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Rosuvastatin 20mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Rosuvastatin 20mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- LactMed - Rosuvastatin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Rosuvastatin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved