Ropiro 0.25mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ropiro 0.25 MG Description
Ropiro Tablet contains ropinirole as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of restless legs syndrome where patients have a strong desire to move their legs, arms or other part of their
body and Parkinson's disease. It works by doing similar actions performed by dopamine, a chemical found in the brain and helps to control movement. Ropiro Tablet should be taken with food just before bedtime or as directed by your doctor.
|Uses||Restless legs syndrome, Parkinson's disease|
|Side effects||Fainting, sleepiness, dizziness, restlessness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ropinirole(0.25 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ropiro 0.25mg Tablet
- Ropark 0.25mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.00₹ 65.45₹ 6.54/Tablet
Uses of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- Ropiro Tablet is used for the treatment of symptoms in medical conditions called Restless legs syndrome where patients have a strong desire to move their legs, arms or other parts of their body.
- For the treatment of Parkinson's disease characterised by impaired posture and balance, shakiness, stiffness of muscle and inability to perform basic body movements.
Contraindications of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- If you are allergic to Ropinirole or any of the other ingredients of Ropiro Tablet.
- If you have any serious kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- Unusual perception
- Nausea, vomiting or pain in the stomach
- Swelling of legs, hand or feet
Precautions and Warnings of Ropiro 0.25 MG
Can I take Ropiro Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of Ropiro Tablet in pregnancy. Use this medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ropiro Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Ropiro Tablet are known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ropiro Tablet?
This medicine causes sleepiness, dizziness, unusual perceptions. If you are taking this medicine avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ropiro Tablet?
Drinking alcohol along with medicine increase sleepiness and dizziness therefore alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease, kidney disease or heart disease.
- You are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
- You have restlessness, shaking movement or slowed movement.
- You have serious mental problem.
- You are experiencing unusual change in your behaviour.
Mode of Action of Ropiro 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Ropiro Tablet works by promoting the action of dopamine, a chemical in the brain that controls the movement in the brain.
Directions for Use of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- Ropiro Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ropiro 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ropiro Tablet with antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin ciprofloxacin
- This Tablet when taken along with sulpiride or metoclopramide cause a decrease in the effectiveness of this medicine
- Discuss with your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are consuming before starting with Ropiro Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- Store Ropiro Tablet at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ropiro 0.25 MG
- Symptoms of overdose of Ropiro Tablet include dizziness, sleepiness, tiredness, nausea or vomiting, unusual perceptions. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Ropiro Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Ropiro Tablet work?
A: Ropiro Tablet contains ropinirole which works by doing similar actions performed by dopamine, a chemical found in the brain and helps to relieve symptoms of a medical condition called 'restless legs syndrome'.
Q: Why does Ropiro Tablet cause nausea?
A: Ropiro Tablet contains ropinirole which a has similar action as that of brain chemical dopamine. It stimulates the centre for vomiting in the brain and causes symptoms such as nausea and vomiting as its side effects.
Q: When should Ropiro Tablet to be taken?
A: Ropiro Tablet should be taken just before bedtime but it can be taken 3 hours before going to sleep.
Q: Can Ropiro Tablet cause itching?
A: Ropiro Tablet can cause itching as its side effect but it is not common. Itching may indicate an allergy to this medicine, if you experience itching consult your doctor.
- Ropinirole - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Ropinirole - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Ropinirole [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed