Ritza 5mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ritza 5 MG Description
Ritza Tablet contains rizatriptan. It is used in the treatment of migraine headaches with or without warning signs in adults. It works by reducing swelling of blood vessels surrounding the brain, the
refore helps in the treatment of migraine headaches. It can be taken with or without food. This medicine should not be used for the prevention of migraine headaches.
|Side effects||Sleepiness, dizziness, tiredness|
Check more medicines with composition as Rizatriptan(5.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ritza 5mg Tablet
- Rizact 5mg TabletBy Cipla Limited4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 236.44₹ 200.97₹ 50.24/Tablet
Uses of Ritza 5 MG
Ritza Tablet is used in the treatment of headaches associated with migraine with or without warning signs in adults.
Contraindications of Ritza 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Rizatriptan or any of the other ingredients of Ritza Tablet.
- If you have severe liver disease or severe kidney disease.
- If you have a history of brain problems or heart disease.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If blood flow to your legs or arms is reduced due to blockage of blood vessels.
- If you are taking other medicines for the prevention or treatment of migraine.
Side effects of Ritza 5 MG
- Tingling sensation
- Feeling of heart beat
- Throat discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Nausea, vomiting or loose motions
- Chest pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ritza 5 MG
Can I take Ritza Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine are known to be harmful to the foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women.
Can I take Ritza Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. However, as a component of this medicine is known to be excreted in milk this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ritza Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Ritza Tablet?
Drinking alcohol can make migraine headaches worse or can cause another type of headache therefore alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have headaches due to a brain problem
- You have pain and tightness in the chest
- You have a heart disease
- You are taking other medicines for migraine
- You are taking any herbal medicines
- You have swelling in the face, tongue or airways
- You have liver disease or kidney disease or diabetes
Mode of Action of Ritza 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Ritza Tablet works by reducing swelling of blood vessels surrounding the brain, therefore helps in the treatment of migraine headache
Directions for Use of Ritza 5 MG
- Take Ritza Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- This medicine should be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food. If taken with food action of this medicine is delayed by 1 hour.
Interactions of Ritza 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Ritza Tablet with other medicines used in the treatment of migraine headaches such as sumatriptan, zolmitriptan, naratriptan can cause heart problem and high blood pressure.
- Antibiotic medicine such as Linezolid, medicines used in heart diseases such as Propranolol when taken along with Rizact can increase the blood concentrations of this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming before starting with Ritza Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ritza 5 MG
- Store Ritza Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ritza 5 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Ritza Tablet include sleepiness, dizziness, fainting, vomiting etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Ritza Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what purpose is Ritza Tablet used for?
A: Ritza Tablets are used for the treatment of headaches associated with migraine in adults. It is not useful for the prevention of migraine headaches.
Q: Will Ritza Tablet help in Sinus headache?
A: Ritza Tablet is useful only in treating migraine headaches. It would not help with a sinus headache.
Q: How does Ritza Tablet help in migraine?
A: Ritza Tablet helps in treating headaches of migraine by reducing swelling of blood vessels surrounding the brain.
- Rizatriptan - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Rizatriptan - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Rizatriptan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed