Ritebest 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ritebest 100 MG Description
Ritebest Tablet is an antiarrhythmic medicine used for the treatment of the type of arrhythmias (a condition of irregular or uneven heart rhythm). It contains amiodarone as an active ingredient. It r
educes the excitability of cardiac muscles and stabilises heart rhythm. You should take the medicine as advised by the doctor for the duration it is prescribed for and discuss detailed medical history before initiating the treatment with the medicine. The medicine is associated with some serious side effects that affect the eyes, heart, lung, liver, thyroid gland, skin and nerves. Tell the doctor if you have a pre-existing condition associated with these organs or develop symptoms after taking the medicine.
|You Save||₹11.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Cough, stomach upset, itching, sleep disorder|
Uses of Ritebest 100 MG
Contraindications of Ritebest 100 MG
- If you are allergic to amiodarone or other ingredients of the medicine
- If you suffer from heart-related conditions problems like heart block, sinus node disorder etc.
- If you suffer from thyroid gland dysfunction (you must perform thyroid function tests before initiating the treatment)
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or you are breastfeeding a baby.
Side effects of Ritebest 100 MG
- Sleep-related disorder
- Lung related problem
- Slow heartbeats
- Thyroid related disorder
- Blurred vision
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Ritebest 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have heart, liver, eye or lung-related problem.
- You may have a thyroid-related disorder, you may be asked to monitor thyroid function every 6-months.
- You may have Stevens-Johnson syndrome (peeling or blistering of the skin, fever and flu-like symptoms).
- You may experience a severe skin rash, muscle pain, fever, chills after taking the medicine.
- You are elderly above 65 years of age.
- You may experience breathlessness or dry cough, then inform the doctor immediately as it may be associated with toxicity in the lungs due to the medicine.
- Inform your anaesthetist about medications before undergoing surgical procedures.
- Avoid skin exposure to the sun and use sun-protective measures during treatment with the medicine.
- Ritebest Tablet must not be used in patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Ritebest 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ritebest 100 MG
- Take the medicine exactly in doses and frequency as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not skip or stop taking the medicine on your own as it leads to serious complications.
Interactions of Ritebest 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Ritebest Tablet works or Ritebest itself alter the actions of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform the doctor about the complete medication history including supplements, herbals and non-prescription medicines....
- The medicine must not be used simultaneously with certain medicines used to treat heart problems, anti-infectives, medicines used for brain-related disorders, statins and medicines for the treatment of hepatitis C must be used cautiously....
- Concomitant use of medicines like amphotericin (used in fungal infections), steroids like betamethasone, general anaesthetics or high dose oxygen used during surgery, water pills may increase the chance of side effects....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ritebest 100 MG
- Store Ritebest Tablet at a cool dry place and keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Medicines should not be disposed of with household waste, ask the local pharmacist for a safe method of disposal.
Dosage of Ritebest 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ritebest Tablet used for?
Q: Can the medicine be stopped suddenly?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Amiodarone 200mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Drugs H. Amiodarone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Alcohol May Cause You to Develop Irregular Heartbeats [Internet]. Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]