Riscon Ls Tablet
Riscon Ls Tablet Description
Riscon Ls tablet is a prescription medicine. Treatment for schizophrenia, Tourette's syndrome, and bipolar disorder are some of the uses of Riscon Ls tablets. This is a combination of two medicin
s, risperidone and trihexyphenidyl. Resperidone belongs to the category of antipsychotic medicines, and trihexyphenidyl is an anticholinergic medicine. These two components of Riscon Ls tablets together work to bring down symptoms of hallucinations, delusions, etc. Directions for use of Riscon Ls tablets should be strictly followed. This medicine should be taken at the same time every day. Care should be taken to avoid both an overdose and skipped doses. Riscon Ls tablet is a prescription medicine and should never be taken without consultation with the doctor. It can interact with certain foods and should never be consumed with alcohol. Some common side effects of Riscon Ls tablets include vomiting, nausea, change in blood pressure on changing position, low sexual desires, etc. If the side effects cause problems or persist for long, it is best to consult a doctor.
|You Save||₹8.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Risperidone(2.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Tourette's syndrome|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Weight gain, Dryness in the mouth|
Uses of Riscon Ls Tablet
- Riscon Ls tablets are commonly used to treat schizophrenia and anxiety.
- Less common uses of Riscon Ls tablets include their use in the treatment of:
- Bipolar disorder (a mental condition that causes two distinct moods, manic and depressive)
- Tourette's syndrome (a condition in which the affected person has involuntary tics and makes repetitive sounds)
- Dementia-related behaviour symptoms (a condition in which the affected person experiences loss of memory)
- Autistic disorder (a condition in which the affected person has difficulty communicating with people)
Contraindications of Riscon Ls Tablet
- Before starting treatment with Riscon Ls tablets, inform your doctor if any of the following statements are true.
- If you have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid levels)
- If you have been diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- If you have been diagnosed with dementia (a condition in which a person experiences memory loss)
- If you have been diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure)
- If you have been diagnosed with diabetes (increased blood sugar levels)
- If you have been diagnosed with obesity (excessive weight because of high concentration of fat deposits)
- If you have been diagnosed with arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- If you have liver disease
- If you have any other heart disease
Side effects of Riscon Ls Tablet
- Common side effects of Riscon Ls tablets include:
- Postural hypotension (lowering of blood pressure on suddenly standing up)
- Xerostomia (dryness in the mouth)
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Riscon Ls Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Your side effects persist for longer than usual.
- You experience dizziness and nervousness.
- You are taking other medicines.
- You are trying to conceive.
- You are lactating.
- You are a chronic alcohol user.
- You are taking alternative medicine like herbal medicines or homoeopathy.
Mode of Action of Riscon Ls Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Riscon Ls Tablet
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with water; do not chew or crush it.
- Riscon Ls is a prescription medicine. It should not be taken without consulting a doctor.
- Do not suddenly skip or stop this medicine, even if you start feeling better.
- Take it at the same time every day.
- Take it with or without food, depending upon your doctor's instructions.
- Side effects of this medicine usually go away after some time but talk to your doctor if they persist.
Interactions of Riscon Ls Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid any adverse effects caused by medicine interaction, inform your doctor about all medicines and supplements (including herbal medicines and supplements and multivitamins) you are currently taking. Taking Riscon Ls Tablets along with the following medicines can cause adverse reactions:...
- Medicines that contain sympathomimetic agents (used in heart emergencies); in some cases, heart failures or sudden deaths have been reported.
- Antifungal medicines like fluconazole; side effects of Riscon Ls tablets can increase when taken simultaneously with antifungal medicines.
- Anti-tubercular medicine like rifampicin; interaction with these medications can cause an elevation in depression and sedation.
- These medicine interactions can cause serious complications that further affect the immune system. They can result in a deterioration of health and, in some cases, even death.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid a high sugar diet. Riscon Ls tablets tend to increase blood sugar levels, so it is important to keep a strict check on sugar intake.
Storage and disposal of Riscon Ls Tablet
Dosage of Riscon Ls Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Riscon Ls tablet a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Can Riscon Ls tablets cause a change in my lifestyle?
Q: Can I stop taking Riscon Ls tablets if I start feeling better?
- T Ali–Melkkila, J Kanto, E Iisalo [Internet]. Pharmacokinetics and Related Pharmacodynamics of Anticholinergic Drugs [cited 1 Mar 2022] -
- Ghossein N, Kang M, Lakhkar AD [Internet]. Anticholinergic Medications [cited 1 Mar 2022] -
- Marder SR and Meibach RC. 1994. Risperidone in the Treatment of Schizophrenia. The American Journal of Psychiatry, 151(6), 825–835