Rifagut 550mg Tablet
Rifagut 550 MG Description
Rifagut 550 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It contains rifaximin as its active ingredient. Rifagut 550 is used to treat infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome associated with diarrhoea,
mainly caused due to infection-causing bacteria. It is also used to treat hepatic encephalopathy, a liver disease where the liver does not remove the toxins from the blood and thus hampers overall bodily functioning. You should take the Rifagut 550 at the prescribed dose and duration. You should complete the entire course of treatment with Rifagut 550 and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. It may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection.
- Rcifax 550mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 498.30₹ 423.55₹ 42.36/Tablet
- Rifaxigress 550 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 409.00₹ 347.6510% CHEAPER₹ 34.77/Tablet
- Dirifa 550mg Tablets 10'sBy Abbott India Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 457.65₹ 389.00₹ 38.9/Tablet
- Rifakem 550 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 399.00₹ 351.129% CHEAPER₹ 35.11/Tablet
- Zimigut 550mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 478.00₹ 406.30₹ 40.63/Tablet
- Torfix 550mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 415.35₹ 353.058% CHEAPER₹ 35.31/Tablet
- Ciboz 550mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 476.90₹ 405.36₹ 40.54/Tablet
Uses of Rifagut 550 MG
- Rifagut 550 tablet is used for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy (a condition in which brain function gets impaired due to the damaged liver).
- It is also used to treat infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome associated with diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Rifagut 550 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel or constipation.
Side effects of Rifagut 550 MG
- Stomach ache
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Swelling of ankles, feet or fingers
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Rifagut 550 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience severe diarrhoea with blood or fever after Rifagut 550, stop the treatment immediately and consult the doctor.
- You have been taking other antibiotics or any supplements.
- You have severe liver disease. Caution is advised during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Rifagut 550 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rifagut 550 MG
- Rifagut 550 tablet is to be taken with a glass of water. This tablet is not supposed to be broken, crushed or chewed.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you. Also, never stop this medicine on your own.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop this medicine halfway, even if you feel better.
Interactions of Rifagut 550 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Rifagut 550 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions....
- Especially, if you are taking other medicines like antibiotics (azithromycin, erythromycin), anti-epileptic medicines, medicines used for heart-related disorders, immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, anticoagulants like warfarin or oral contraceptives....
- Rifagut 550 tablet might also interact with some vaccines like BCG and the cholera vaccine.
Interactions with food items
- The interaction of the Rifagut 550 tablet is established with grapefruit and its juice. So, the consumption of both of them should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Rifagut 550 MG
- Keep the medicine away from direct light, moisture and heat in a closed container.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard outdated medicines and ask your doctor about how to dispose of the medicines.