Sibofix 550mg Tablet
Sibofix 550 MG Description
Sibofix Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhoea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with diarrhoea in adults. It contains rifaximin as its active ingredi
ent. It works by killing the growth of bacteria that cause infectious diarrhoea. Sibofix Tablet should be used under medical prescription. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
Uses of Sibofix 550 MG
Contraindications of Sibofix 550 MG
- If you are allergic to rifaximin or any other ingredients of the Sibofix Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any liver disease.
- If you have diarrhoea with blood or fever.
- If you have diarrhoea that is caused due to other factors but not bacteria, for example, viral diarrhoea.
- If you have symptoms of blockage in the bowel, abdominal pain or constipation.
- If you experience allergic reactions after using medicines like rifabutin, rifapentine or rifampicin.
Side effects of Sibofix 550 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Sibofix 550 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience symptoms like dizziness (or light-headedness), dry mouth, decreased urination and increased thirst.
- You experience severe diarrhoea while or after using Sibofix Tablet, discontinue taking the medicine immediately and contact your doctor.
- Consume enough fluids and keep yourself hydrated as diarrhoea can cause dehydration.
Mode of Action of Sibofix 550 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sibofix 550 MG
- Sibofix Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sibofix 550 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sibofix Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like erythromycin, warfarin, azithromycin, cyclosporine, diltiazem and anti-fungal medications might interact with this Tablet when taken simultaneously.
- Sibofix Tablet might also interact with cholera and BCG vaccines.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Sibofix 550 MG
- Store Sibofix Tablets at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sibofix 550 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Sibofix Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What should I do if I missed a dose of Sibofix Tablet?
Q: What do I need to inform my doctor about the diarrhoea?
Q: For how long can I take Sibofix?
Q: Is there any side effect of Sibofix Tablet?
Q: Is Sibofix a probiotic?
- DailyMed - XIFAXAN- rifaximin tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin (Oral Route) Proper Use - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- TARGAXAN Tablet- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Rifaximin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]