Respicure M Syrup 60ml
Respicure M Syrup 60ml Description
Respicure M Syrup is used for the management of symptoms such as runny & stuffy nose (allergic rhinitis), blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a comb
ination of two medicines, montelukast and levocetirizine. Respicure M Syrup works by reducing the constriction and swelling of airways and blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. It is advised to take this medicine, preferably at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness.
|You Save||₹15.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(2.5 Mg/5ml) + Montelukast(4.0 Mg/5ml)|
|Side effects||Headache, dry mouth, tiredness, blocked nose, dizziness|
- Lm True Bottle Of 60ml SyrupBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 80.00₹ 64.00₹
- Montas L Syrup 60mlBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 98.00₹ 68.60₹
- Telekast L Kid Bottle Of 60ml SyrupBy Lupin60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 138.60₹ 117.81₹
- Levocet M Syrup 60mlBy Hetero Healthcare Limited60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 100.65₹ 85.55₹
- Leverest Mk Orange Flavour Bottle Of 60ml SyrupBy Medico Intercontinental Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 99.00₹ 84.15₹
- Montair Lc Kid Syrup 60mlBy Cipla Limited60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 127.17₹ 108.09₹
- Montina L Syrup 30ml (aristo)By Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd30ml Syrup in BottleMRP 47.00₹ 43.24₹
- Montemac L Syrup 30mlBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals30ml Syrup in BottleMRP 83.50₹ 83.50₹
- Nukast 4mg Syrup 60mlBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 110.55₹ 97.28₹
- Montemac L Syrup 60mlBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals60ml Syrup in BottleMRP 83.50₹ 70.97₹
Uses of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
Contraindications of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine like levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
- Increased liver enzymes
- Pain in the stomach and abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby.
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotriene, which cause symptoms of allergy. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- Take Respicure M Syrup as directed by your physician.
- Respicure M Syrup can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Respicure M Syrup contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat psychotic disorders may cause drowsiness if used concomitantly.
- The use of Medicine used to treat fits such as Phenytoin together with this medicine can affect the effect of this medicine.
- Antiviral Medicine such as Ritonavir may interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine when used concomitantly.
Storage and disposal of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Respicure M Syrup 60ml
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression. Can Respicure M Syrup worsen it?
Q: Can I take Respicure M Syrup during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I take Respicure M Syrup in pregnancy?
Q: Can I stop taking Respicure M Syrup if symptoms of allergy go away?
- MONTAIR LC [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 April 2021]