Renicol 0.5% Eye Drops 10ml
By ORDAIN HEALTH CARE GLOBAL PRIVATE LIMITED
10ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Renicol 0.5 %W/V Description
Renicol 0.5% eye drops is an antibiotic eye drops used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis in adults and children. Renicol 0.5% consists of an antibiotic called Chloramphenicol in 0.5% concentration.
Uses of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
- Bacterial conjunctivitis
- Eye infections
- Corneal ulcer
Contraindications of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
- Hypersensitivity to Chloramphenicol
- Blood disorders
- Previous exposure to Chloramphenicol has caused myelosuppression
Side effects of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
- Hypersensitivity reactions like anaphylaxis, fever or hives
- May also cause angioneurotic edema,maculopapular dermatitis or urticaria.
Precautions and Warnings of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
Can I use Renicol 0.5% eye drops during pregnancy?
No. Renicol, being an antibiotic can be systemically absorbed and may cross placenta. Hence it is not recommended for pregnant women.
Can I use Renicol 0.5% eye drops while breastfeeding?
No. Renicol, being an antibiotic may appear in breast milk. Hence it is not recommended for lactating women.
Can I drive if I have used Renicol 0.5% eye drops?
You may experience short-term blurring of vision immediately after use. So driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after use is not recommended.
Can I consume alcohol while using Renicol 0.5% eye drops?
Consumption of alcohol might worsen your side-effect of dizziness. Avoid driving immediately after use of the eye drops.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have Glaucoma
- You have dry eye syndrome
- You have eye injury
- You use contact lens
- You have had conjunctivitis in the recent past
- You have disturbed vision or severe pain within the eye
- You have photophobia
- You have eye inflammation associated with a rash on the scalp or face
- Your eye looks cloudy or pupil looks unusual
- You suspect a foreign body in the eye
Mode of Action of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Renicol, when applied in lower concentration (strength), slows the growth of bacteria and kills the bacteria when used in higher concentrations. Renicol drops are applied directly on conjunctivitis, the site of infection....
Directions for Use of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
- For adults, apply one drop each in the infected eye every two hours for two days when you are awake, as per the doctor's recommendation
- Not for use in children under the age of two
- For children above the age of two, dosage adjustments might be necessary. Do not apply without consulting your paediatrician
Interactions of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
Two or more medicines taken together change their mode of action, so consult your opthalmologist if you are on other medications. One example is that it might slow down the function of bone marrow when taken with other medicine....
Storage and disposal of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
- Store in a refrigerator at a temperature between 2°C and 8°C
- Store away from heat and light
- Keep away from children
- Discard the bottle five days after opening
- Follow disposal instructions written on the package insert for safe disposal
Dosage of Renicol 0.5 %W/V
Rinse your eyes with plenty of water for 15 minutes in case of accidental overdose. Please consult your opthalmologist immediately if irritation persists.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, skip it if it is time for your next dose. If not, try to apply the missed dose as soon as you realize it. Do not apply two doses at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Renicol 0.5% eye drops be used for infants?
A: This medicines is not recommended for use in children below the age of two.
Q: Can I use Renicol 0.5% eye drops if I have had an eye surgery in last six months?
A: Do not use Renicol 0.5% eye drops without consulting your opthalmologist, if you have had an eye surgery in last six months.
Q: Can I wear my contact lens while using Renicol 0.5% eye drops?
A: Use of contact lens is not recommended while using Renicol 0.5% eye drops. Consult your opthalmologist for more details on the usage directions.
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/427/pil
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/427/smpc
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.