Raptac 20mg Tablet
Raptac 20 MG Description
Raptac Tablet is used for relieving acidity and heartburn in conditions such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. It contains rabeprazole as its activ
e medicine. It is categorized under the class of medicines called 'Proton pump inhibitor' medications used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. You should take this medicine preferably in the morning, 30 minutes before meals.
- Rabesec 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.20₹ 63.14₹
- Rablet 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.60₹ 146.71₹
- Bipra 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sinsan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.00₹ 136.00₹
- Rabelin 20mg TabletBy Linux Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 58.48₹
- Rabipraz 20mg TabletBy Coxswain Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 71.00₹
- Ec Rab 20mg TabletBy Icon Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 68.00₹ 58.48₹
- Stelorab 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Stelios Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 79.00₹ 67.15₹
- Razo 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 242.75₹ 206.34₹
- Rab 20mg TabletBy Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 91.74₹ 91.74₹
- Ecorab 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indiabulls Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 13.30₹ 13.30₹
Uses of Raptac 20 MG
- For the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach rises to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Raptac 20 MG
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or think that you could be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Raptac 20 MG
- Sleeplessness, headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose, sore throat
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, constipation, gas
- Back pain, weakness, tiredness
Precautions and Warnings of Raptac 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver function problem.
- You are experiencing symptoms like painful joints, skin rashes and tiredness.
- You are to undergo any blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are excreting black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You are expected to take this medicine for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
- The long term treatment with this medicine may lead to a deficiency of vitamin B12 which can produce symptoms like pale skin, sore tongue, weakness, headache, disturbed vision and irritability.
- The long term treatment of this medicine may also weaken your bones or may slightly increase the risk of fracture.
- In some patients with ulcers, the course of this medicine may take 1 to 3 months. Do not stop the medicine on your own.
- Raptac Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Raptac 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- In an average healthy individual, specific cells in the stomach get stimulated and release acid after intake of food. In certain individuals, these pumps secrete an excess of acids and lead to acid-related stomach problems such as ulcers....
- Raptac Tablet blocks the activity of these micropumps in the stomach walls known as proton pumps thus acid release in the stomach decreases and this helps in the healing of ulcers and helps improve symptoms such as acidity and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Raptac 20 MG
- Take Raptac Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without food.
- You should take this medicine without fail and regularly as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Raptac 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Raptac Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently consuming or might consume to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Raptac Tablet along with medicines used to treat HIV infections like Atazanavir, Nelfinavir, Rilpivirine or use of antacids should be avoided as Rabeprazole may decrease the effectiveness of these medicines....
- There may be higher chances of getting side effects if you are consuming a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omee Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Other medicines like Methotrexate and antifungals such as Ketoconazole or Itraconazole should be used carefully, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Raptac 20 MG
- Store Raptac Tablet below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicine which is no longer needed.
Dosage of Raptac 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why should older people be cautious while using Raptac Tablet?
Q: I have diarrhoea after taking Raptac Tablet, what should I do?
Q: The doctor has prescribed me Raptac Tablet for 2 months, what common precautions should I take?
Q: Why do I get B12 deficiency with Raptac Tablet?
Q: Can I take Raptac Tablet empty stomach?
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021