Ranx 500mg Tablet
By UNICHEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranx 500 MG Description
Ranx 500mg Tablet contains Ranolazine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart related chest pain (angina). Your doctor may prescribe this medicine in combination with other medicines. Whi
le taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Check more medicines with composition as Ranolazine(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Ranx 500 MG
Ranx 500mg Tablet is used to prevent angina attacks (heart related chest pain).
Contraindications of Ranx 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Ranolazine or any other ingredients of Ranx 500mg Tablet
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are on medications to treat any bacterial (like clarithromycin), fungal (like ketoconazole) or HIV infections (like ritonavir).
- If you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems (like quinidine) or mental health (like nefazodone).
Side effects of Ranx 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Ranx 500 MG
Can I take Ranx 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Ranx 500mg Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ranx 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Ranolazine passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking Ranx 500mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ranx 500mg Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Ranx 500mg Tablet on driving, but since this medicine may cause dizziness, and sometimes also cause blurred or double vision, confusion, hallucination. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ranx 500mg Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Ranx 500mg Tablet as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You are suffering from any liver related disease
- You are above 60 years
- You have any problems with your heart like heart failure or have ever had an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG).
- You weigh 60 kgs or less
- Ranx 500mg Tablet is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ranx 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Ranolazine in Ranx 500mg Tablet relieves pain by relaxing the heart muscles.
Directions for Use of Ranx 500 MG
Take Ranx 500mg Tablet exactly as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Ranx 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ranx 500mg Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Ranx 500mg Tablet should not be concomitantly used with antibiotics like clarithromycin, antifungals like itraconazole, medicines used in HIV infection like ritonavir, medicines used to treat your mental health like nefazodone, medicines used to treat your heart problems like quinidine, sotalol, etc....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like ciclosporin (used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ), diltiazem or verapamil (used in heart related conditions) may increase the chances of side effects....
- Concomitant use along with phenytoin, carbamazepine (used in fits), rifampicin (antibiotic) or herbal preparations like St. John's Wort can alter the effects of Ranx 500mg Tablet.
- Other medicines like digoxin or metoprolol, terfenadine, imipramine, doxepin, bupropion, cyclophosphamide, simvastatin, lovastatin, ciclosporin must be used with caution along with Ranx 500mg Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Ranx 500mg Tablet can be taken with or without food. You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ranx 500 MG
Ranx 500mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ranx 500 MG
Overdose of Ranx 500mg Tablet may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, dizziness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Ranx 500mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ranx 500mg Tablet?
A: Ranx 500mg Tablet is used to prevent angina attacks (heart related chest pain).
Q: How to take Ranx 500mg Tablet?
A: Ranx 500mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food, but it would be best if you took it at a fixed time for effective results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Ranx 500mg Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Ranx 500mg Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited information about its safety and effectiveness.
Q: What does Ranx 500mg Tablet contain?
A: Ranx 500mg Tablet contains Ranolazine as its active component, which belongs to a group of medicines called anti-angina.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed