Ranolaz 500mg Tab
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranolaz 500mg Tab contains Ranolazine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart related chest pain (angina). Your doctor may prescribe this medicine in combination with other medicines. While taking this medicine you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. It is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Ranolaz 500mg Tab is used to prevent angina attacks (heart related chest pain).
Contraindications of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Ranolazine or any other ingredients of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases.
- If you are on medications to treat any bacterial (like clarithromycin), fungal (like ketoconazole) or HIV infections (like ritonavir).
- If you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems (like quinidine) or mental health (like nefazodone).
Side effects of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Precautions and Warnings of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Can I take Ranolaz 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
- Ranolaz 500mg Tab should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Ranolaz 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Ranolazine passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking Ranolaz 500mg Tab. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ranolaz 500mg Tab?
There is limited information about the effects of Ranolaz 500mg Tab on driving, but since this medicine may cause dizziness, and sometimes also cause blurred or double vision, confusion, hallucination. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ranolaz 500mg Tab?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Ranolaz 500mg Tab as it may potentially worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidneys
- You are suffering from any liver related disease
- You are above 60 years
- You have any problems with your heart like heart failure or have ever had an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG).
- You weigh 60 kgs or less
- Ranolaz 500mg Tab is not recommended to be used in patients who are less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Ranolazine in Ranolaz 500mg Tab relieves pain by relaxing the heart muscles.
Directions for Use of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Take Ranolaz 500mg Tab exactly as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water or milk. You may take it with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Ranolaz 500mg Tab may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Ranolaz 500mg Tab should not be concomitantly used with antibiotics like clarithromycin, antifungals like itraconazole, medicines used in HIV infection like ritonavir, medicines used to treat your mental health like nefazodone, medicines used to treat your heart problems like quinidine, sotalol, etc.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like ciclosporin (used to prevent rejection of a transplanted organ), diltiazem or verapamil (used in heart related conditions) may increase the chances of side effects.read less
- Concomitant use along with phenytoin, carbamazepine (used in fits), rifampicin (antibiotic) or herbal preparations like St. John's Wort can alter the effects of Ranolaz 500mg Tab.
- Other medicines like digoxin or metoprolol, terfenadine, imipramine, doxepin, bupropion, cyclophosphamide, simvastatin, lovastatin, ciclosporin must be used with caution along with Ranolaz 500mg Tab.
Interactions with food items
Ranolaz 500mg Tab can be taken with or without food. You should avoid consuming grapefruit juice while on treatment with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Ranolaz 500mg Tab should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ranolaz 500mg Tab
Overdose of Ranolaz 500mg Tab may cause symptoms like nausea, vomiting, dizziness. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Ranolaz 500mg Tab, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ranolaz 500mg Tab?
A: Ranolaz 500mg Tab is used to prevent angina attacks (heart related chest pain).
Q: How to take Ranolaz 500mg Tab?
A: Ranolaz 500mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food, but it would be best if you took it at a fixed time for effective results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Ranolaz 500mg Tab be used in children?
A: No, Ranolaz 500mg Tab should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited information about its safety and effectiveness.
Q: What does Ranolaz 500mg Tab contain?
A: Ranolaz 500mg Tab contains Ranolazine as its active component, which belongs to a group of medicines called anti-angina.
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved