Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
6 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranozex 500mg Tablet is an anti-anginal medicine that contains Ranolazine as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain). This medicine enables the heart to perform all its vital functions in the supplied amount of oxygen without causing stress on the heart muscles. It is a prescription medicine and should be taken only in the correct doses and for the exact duration as directed by the physician. Along with the medications you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise routinely. Before starting the treatment you should discuss about your detailed medical history, also, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Follow-up with your doctor is necessary once you complete your course.
Uses of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Ranozex 500mg Tablet is indicated for the treatment and prevention of angina attacks, a condition that is associated with severe chest pain.
Contraindications of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to the medicine or its constituents.
- If you have liver or kidney disorders.
- If you are on medications to treat any bacterial and fungal infections like clarithromycin, ketoconazole.
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir.
- If you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine or medicines used for brain-related disorders like nefazodone.
Side effects of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Ranozex 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
It is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about the effects during human pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if it has more advantages than risks. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take the Ranozex 500mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into the breast milk, hence you should not breastfeed during the treatment with this medicine. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ranozex 500mg Tablet?
Administration of this medicine can lead to dizziness, confusion and sometimes also cause blurred or double vision, confusion, hallucinations. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ranozex 500mg Tablet?
Consumption of alcohol with this medicine can lead to an elevation in side effects such as dizziness and lightheadedness; hence, kindly avoid consuming alcohol while taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have any problems with your heart like heart failure or have ever had an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG).
- You weigh 60 kgs or less.
- It is not recommended to be used in patients who are below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ranozex 500mg Tablet acts by increasing the flow of oxygen to the heart muscles. It also reduces the tension in the heart wall and relieves pain by relaxing the heart muscles.
Directions for Use of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescription.
- This tablet is for oral use only. You may take it with or without food.
- Swallow it as a whole with a full glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Ranozex 500mg Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you take medicines used for brain-related disorders like nefazodone, antibiotics like clarithromycin, antifungals like itraconazole, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used for heart-related disorders like quinidine, sotalol, diltiazem, verapamil, etc.read less
- Concomitant use of Ranozex 500mg Tablet along with medicines immunosuppressants like cyclosporin may increase the chances of side effects.
- Concomitant use with anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine and antituberculosis medicines like rifampicin, can alter the effects of Ranozex 500mg Tablet if taken along.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
- This medicine is known to have interactions with grapefruit, its juice or its extracts.
Storage and disposal of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The medicine needs to be stored in a closed container and kept in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- It does not require special storage conditions.
- Avoid using it beyond its date of expiry.
- Follow medical waste management instructions when disposing of this medicine.
Dosage of Ranozex 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Ranozex 500mg Tablet may lead to side effects such as nausea or vomiting, stomach pain, mild dizziness, a spinning sensation, constipation, etc. In the case of an overdose, seek immediate medical advise.read less
Missed a Dose
- This medicine is for regular dosage only, so avoid missing a dose. In case of a missed dose, administer this medicine as soon as you remember it. If it is time for the impending dose, the missed dose can be skipped. Double doses to compensate for the missed one should definitely be avoided.read less
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before taking this medicine?
A: Kindly inform your doctor about your complete medical and surgical history along with any history of liver or kidneys' diseases and prescription, non-prescription and herbal medications.
Q: Can this medicine be used to treat acute angina?
A: This medicine cannot be used for the treatment of an acute attack of angina. Consult your doctor for more details and other treatments of acute angina.
Q: Is this medicine useful for all types of heart problems?
A: No, this medicine cannot be used for all or various symptoms of heart problems. Consult your doctor for your specific heart ailment as the treatment and prescription vary from condition to condition and person to person.
Q: What is the appropriate dosage of this medicine?
A: Your doctor will determine the appropriate dosage based on the severity of the problem/condition and subsequent test results.
Q: Who can take this medicine?
A: This medicine is not to be used by the general population. It should be only used with the doctor's prescription and advice after a proper diagnosis of the condition of the individual.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Mar 2021 | 08:35 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved