Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules Description
Rabicip D Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which acid fro
m the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and causes heartburn, nausea and chest pain. It acts by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine should be taken at least 30 mins before the meal, preferably breaksfast.
Uses of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Contraindications of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any component of Rabicip D Capsule.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have liver and kidney disease.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You experience any blood disorders.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV such as atazanavir, or any other medicine.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop electrolyte imbalance.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- Taking Rabicip D Capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Low levels of vitamin D and calcium can result in increased risk of osteoporosis.
Mode of Action of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rabicip D Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood thinning medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store Rabicip D Capsule below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rabicip D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.