Qutiwel 25mg Tablet
By LINUX LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Qutiwel tablet is an antipsychotic prescription medicine used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The active component of Qutiwel tablet is Quetiapine (25 mg). Schizophrenia is a disorder that causes an altered perception of reality, affecting how a person feels, thinks, and behaves. They can present with hallucinations, delusions, altered perceptions, mood changes, disorderly thinking: all of which can be debilitating. There are certain chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) and pathways in the brain that are thought to produce the symptoms of schizophrenia, two being serotonin and dopamine. Antipsychotic medications primarily decrease this process, thereby providing relief from symptoms. Directions for use of Qutiwel tablets should be strictly followed. It should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause a relapse of symptoms, withdrawal symptoms, and worsening of the underlying condition. Side effects of Qutiwel tablets include sleepiness, weight gain, dry mouth, constipation, abdominal pain, dizziness, throat infections, gastric distress, and lethargy....
|You Save||₹3.96 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Throat infections, Gastric distress, Lethargy, Abnormal weakness and loss of energy (asthenia), Fall in BP on change in posture (orthostatic hypotension)|
Check more medicines with composition as Quetiapine(25.0 Mg)
Uses of Qutiwel 25 MG
- Qutiwel tablets are in the treatment of:
- Manic episodes of bipolar I disorder
- Depression associated with bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Qutiwel 25 MG
- Do not take Qutiwel tablets or use caution:
- If you have hypersensitivity reactions to any ingredient in the Q Mind SR tablet.
- If you are an older adult with psychosis associated with degenerative brain conditions, this medicine increases the risk of stroke and death.
- If you have any underlying cardiovascular diseases; use caution as this medicine increases the risk of an adverse event.
Side effects of Qutiwel 25 MG
- Side effects of Qutiwel tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Throat infections
- Gastric distress
Precautions and Warnings of Qutiwel 25 MG
Can I take Qutiwel tablets during pregnancy?
Qutiwel tablets are considered unsafe during pregnancy. It is a class-C medication in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for more information. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or intention to conceive.
Can I take Qutiwel tablets while breastfeeding?
Qutiwel tablet is considered unsafe during breastfeeding as it is excreted in breast milk. Consult your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have taken a Qutiwel tablet?
Driving and use of heavy machinery while using Qutiwel tablets are not recommended as this medicine can cause dizziness, agitation, and sedation.
Can I consume alcohol with Qutiwel tablets?
Consuming alcohol with Qutiwel tablets can cause serious side effects like seizures, sedation, hallucinations, and coma. It is strictly contraindicated.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of seizures or take any medicines that decrease seizure potential.
- You experience sudden changes in mood or worsening of symptoms of schizophrenia.
- You take other medicines for your health conditions. Some might interact with Qutiwel tablets and cause debilitating medicine interactions.
- You have a history of substance abuse. This medication has abuse and misuse potential, and its use should be monitored closely.
- You have low blood cell counts. This medicine can result in decreased blood cell counts.
Mode of Action of Qutiwel 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Quetiapine in Qutiwel tablets is an atypical antipsychotic. It acts at multiple, varied receptor levels in the brain to produce its therapeutic effects. The primary action of quetiapine is on the chemical messengers dopamine and serotonin, both of which are indicated in the brain networks that cause the symptoms of schizophrenia, like delusions, hallucinations, and disorderly thinking. In addition, it also acts on specific norepinephrine pathways, which helps in the management of depressive symptoms....
Directions for Use of Qutiwel 25 MG
- Take Qutiwel tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Qutiwel tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take this medicine with and without food.
- Take Qutiwel tablets at the same time every day, so a stable level of the medication is maintained in the body. Do not take Qutiwel tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Qutiwel tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Qutiwel 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Qutiwel tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. Concomitant use with the following medications requires dose modification for quetiapine. Inform your doctor about your treatment history at the time of prescription. ...
- Enzyme inhibitors like ketoconazole and ritonavir increase the concentration of quetiapine and can increase the side effects of Qutiwel tablets.
- Enzyme inducers like phenytoin and rifampin can decrease the amount of this medicine in the blood, thereby reducing its efficacy.
Storage and disposal of Qutiwel 25 MG
Store Qutiwel tablets at room temperature, away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humidity. Keep away from children and pets. Check the expiration date before taking the tablets. Dispose of the packaging carefully after use. Do not flush extra or expired pills down the toilet. Dispose of unused or expired medicine as biomedical waste....
Dosage of Qutiwel 25 MG
Qutiwel tablet overdose can cause drowsiness, sedation, increased heart rate, fall in BP, seizures, urinary retention, heart rhythm abnormalities, confusion, delirium, agitation, coma and death. If you overdose on Q Mind SR tablets and experience these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a Qutiwel tablet dose, try to take it as soon as you remember. If you recall the missed dose when it is almost time for the next one, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take both of them together; this can lead to adverse reactions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I feel better, and my symptoms have resolved. Can I stop the tablet now?
A: Consult your doctor if you wish to stop using Qutiwel tablets. They will gradually taper the dose and stop it properly. Sudden stoppage of this medication can cause withdrawal effects.
Q: Since I started taking Qutiwel tablets, I have felt very lethargic. Is this normal?
A: Discuss any side effects after use of the medicine with the prescribing doctor. Qutiwel tablets are known to cause asthenia, the feeling of generalised weakness and loss of energy in users. Your doctor will guide you on managing the side effect.
Q: I feel my weight has increased after taking this tablet. What should I do?
A: Abdominal pain is a common side effect of Qutiwel tablets. Make sure you take the pill in the dose and duration prescribed. In case of any distress, consult your doctor so they can suggest if a dose adjustment is required. Your doctor can also prescribe treatment for pain relief.
- SEROQUEL® (quetiapine fumarate) tablets, for oral use [Internet] [cited 22 Mar 2022] -
- Quetiapine 25 mg film-coated tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet] [cited 22 Mar 2022] -
- Maan JS, Ershadi M, Khan I, et al. Quetiapine. [Updated 2021 Sep 12]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022. [cited 22 Mar 2022] -
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.