Prometh 10mg Tablet
Prometh 10 MG Description
Prometh Tablet is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash. It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness. It contai
ns promethazine as its active ingredient that works by opposing the action of histamine (natural substances produced in the body during allergic conditions). Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Phenergan 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.05₹ 16.19₹ 1.62/Tablet
Uses of Prometh 10 MG
- It is used for the treatment of allergic symptoms such as a runny nose, itching and rash.
- It is also used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting caused due to motion sickness.
Contraindications of Prometh 10 MG
- If you are allergic to promethazine or any other ingredients of this medicine. If you have a rash, difficulty in breathing, a problem in swallowing, swelling of lips, tongue, throat and face after taking this medicine....
- If you have taken any brain-related medicines with this medicine or have taken it within 14 days before taking this medicine.
- If you have severe dizziness, sleepiness, headache or unconsciousness.
- If you are using this medicine for the treatment of a child of age less than 5 years.
Side effects of Prometh 10 MG
- Feeling restless
- Blurring of vision
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Prometh 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have pre-existing medical conditions like breathing problems, liver, heart or kidney diseases, fits, etc.
- You have an obstruction in the stomach or difficulty in urination.
- You have difficulty while hearing.
- Your eye pressure is increased.
- You have loose motion or sleepiness after having a viral illness.
- You have indigestion after taking some sugars.
Mode of Action of Prometh 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prometh 10 MG
Interactions of Prometh 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Prometh Tablet or the Prometh Tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for respiratory problems like asthma (such as theophylline) and bowel diseases along with the Prometh Tablet, as it can cause dizziness, blurring of vision and a dry mouth....
- Concomitant use of other medicines such as diazepam, zolpidem (used in brain diseases) with this medicine can increase sleepiness.
- Concomitant use of aspirin (painkiller) with this medicine can hide the side effects of the Prometh Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Prometh 10 MG
- Store this medicine at a temperature not above 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prometh 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Prometh Tablet for a prolonged period?
Q: Does the Prometh Tablet cause constipation?
Q: When should I take Prometh for motion sickness?
Q: Is Prometh an antihistamine?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Phenergan 25 mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Autacoids and Related Drugs: 159-210.