Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
By ARONEX LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Drugs For Peripheral Neuropathy
Pregelina M 75mg Capsule is a combination of pregabalin and methylcobalamin.
Uses of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
If you are allergic to pregabalin and methylcobalamine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
Side effects of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Impaired balance
- Swelling of body
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Mental disturbance
- Difficulty in concentration
Precautions and Warnings of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
Can I take Pregelina M 75mg Capsule during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by doctor and potential risk justifies the benefits. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of child bearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take Pregelina M 75mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.Your doctor will decide wether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after assessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pregelina M 75mg Capsule?
This medicine can impair your driving ability as you may experience side effects like dizziness, sleepiness after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Pregelina M 75mg Capsule?
It is advised to not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicne as it may increase side effects like dizziness, drowsiness and can also impair your normal body movements.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing, immediately seek medical help.
- You have heart failure problem.
- You experience allergies like bumps and swelling in skin, itching etc. after taking this medicine.
- This medicine can cause dizziness, and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness.
- You are experiencing muscle weakness, pain, discomfort, tenderness. This can be a sign of muscle problem called myopathy inform your doctor immediately.
- You may get suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have history of fits, then never stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Mode of Action of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotrasmitter) in brain responsible for sensation of pain, where as methylcobalamine (vitamin B12) which helps in formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.
Directions for Use of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food. Do not stop the medicine abruptly on your own, as it can lead to diarrhoea, lack of sleep, nausea, fits. Incase it has to be stopped, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
Interactions of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience dizziness and drowsiness if you are taking medicines for mental disorders such as anxiety, depression, fits and sleep disorders along with this medicine.
- You may experience water retention and swelling if you take anti-diebetic medicine like pioglitazone with this medicine. be cautious if you have existing heart failure problem.
- The interaction of this medicine with other medicines is not clearly understood. Thus, you should tell your doctor about all the medicines you are currently taking or had taken in last few days.
Storage and disposal of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
- Store below 30°C protected from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pregelina M 75mg Capsule
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it a normal painkiller?
A: This medicine is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage in brain. This kind of pain is not cured by normal painkillers. Do not use it as a normal painkiller and you should take this medicine only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication on my own?
- No, you should not stop taking this medicine on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. If you suddenly stop this medicine, you may feel symptoms like sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, flu, nervousness, depression, pain, fits, sweating and dizziness after discontinuation of therapy with this medicine. Hence your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.read less
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved