Prazopress Xl 5mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prazopress Xl 5 MG Description
Prazopress XL 5 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used for lowering high blood pressure. The active component in this medicine is prazosin. It works by relaxing the blood vessels making blood fl
ow easier within the body. High blood pressure is a severe medical condition. Therefore, it is very important to take medication on time and for the exact duration as prescribed. Failing to complete the treatment may lead to damage to the heart, brain, blood vessels, kidneys and other body parts and can impose other medical conditions.
|Side effects||Nervousness, blurred vision, headache, palpitations, dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Prazosin(5.0 Mg)
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Prazopress Xl 5mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Minipress Xl 5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Pfizer Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 569.30₹ 483.90₹ 16.13/Tablet
Uses of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
Prazopress XL 5 tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
If you are allergic to prazosin, a similar tablet to it or any of the ingredients of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet.
Side effects of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Nasal congestion
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lack of energy and weakness
- Frequent urination
Precautions and Warnings of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
Can I take the Prazopress XL 5 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited data regarding the safety of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it should be not be used in pregnancy unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take the Prazopress XL 5 tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, caution is advised before breastfeeding during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Prazopress XL 5 tablet?
You may feel dizziness, weakness, drowsiness after taking this medicine. it is recommended to avoid driving or operating any machinery while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the Prazopress XL 5 tablet?
During the treatment, alcohol consumption can cause dizziness or you may get a feeling of pass out, especially when getting up from a sitting or lying position. Hence, it is advised to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a problem in passing urine or inability, hold urine in the bladder or history of fainting after passing urine.
- You had a heart attack in past or existing heart failure.
- You may experience water retention or weight gain after taking this medicine, in such case, inform your doctor immediately.
- You may experience postural hypotension (sudden drop in blood pressure upon standing from a sitting position accompanied by fainting and lightheadedness).
- You may feel numbness in some parts of the body (Raynaud's disease), such patients need to be monitored closely.
- You are going to have cataract surgery, you need to inform your doctor in advance because it can cause complications during the surgery.
- You experience prolonged erection of penis (Priapism) sometimes longer than 4 hours, seek medical assistance quickly as it can lead to damage to penile tissue and loss of potency.
Mode of Action of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Blood pressure is the pressure exerted by the blood against the walls of blood vessels. In the case of hypertension, this pressure increases. Prazopress XL 5 tablet acts by relaxing and widening the blood vessels to flow more easily. This ultimately leads to a drop in high blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
- Take the Prazopress XL 5 tablet as instructed by your doctor.
- Never stop the medicine as it may lead to a sudden rise in blood pressure.
Interactions of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Prazopress XL 5 tablet may interact with other medicines if taken along, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, medicines for high blood pressure, diabetes, gout, sedatives or any painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking medicines to treat heart disorders, diabetes, gout, sedatives or any painkillers or anti-inflammatory medicines.
Storage and disposal of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Prazopress Xl 5 MG
The symptoms of an overdose of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet may include drowsiness, underactive reflexes or sometimes a drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken an excess dose of this medicine and experience any such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any harm if I miss the dose of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet?
A: Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications. So it is advised to take your medicines regularly at the same time every day.
Q: What is the dose of the Prazopress XL 5 tablet used for hypertension?
A: The dose and duration depend on the severity of your condition, age and various other factors. Your doctor shall be able to give you more information on this.
Q: Can I take other medicines to reduce high blood pressure along with the Prazopress XL 5 tablet 5mg?
A: No, you should not consume multiple medicines on your own. Discuss with your doctor and he/she should be able to give you the right information.
Q: Is taking the Prazopress XL 5 tablet tablets sufficient to control high blood pressure?
- No, medicines and a healthy lifestyle, play an essential role in maintaining optimal blood pressure. One should follow a DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension), discuss with your doctor for more information about it....
- Maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding smoking and drinking, performing aerobic exercises and limiting salt intake are the few other lifestyle modifications that can help control high blood pressure.
Q: What are the side effects of Prazopress XL 5
- Nervousness, blurred vision, headache, palpitations and dry mouth are a few side effects of Prazopress xl 5. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. They often improve as your body gets used to the medicine....
Q: What is the content present in Prazopress Xl 5?
- The content present in Prazopress Xl 5 is prazosin, as an active ingredient.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Hypovase 1mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Prazosin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Prazosin and Alcohol/Food Interactions - Drugs.com Interactions Checker [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2021 [cited 19 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed