Poviclean Oint 15gm
Poviclean Oint 15gm Description
Poviclean Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-iodine, used to treat wounds and burns of the skin. It works by killing the microorganisms. Poviclean Ointment is for external use only. Before
and after applying this medicine, wash your hands and keep the affected area clean and dry. Avoid contact with the eye. It should be used as prescribed by your doctor for the defined duration. If you experience skin irritation after applying this medicine, talk to your doctor.
Uses of Poviclean Oint 15gm
Contraindications of Poviclean Oint 15gm
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole, Iodine, Povidone or any other component of Poviclean Ointment.
- If you have thyroid disease.
Side effects of Poviclean Oint 15gm
- Skin irritation
- Redness of skin
- Metallic taste
- Tingling or numbness of extremities
Precautions and Warnings of Poviclean Oint 15gm
Other General Warnings
- You had any allergic result with a similar class of medicine
- You have or had any blood disorders
- You have any other medical condition
Mode of Action of Poviclean Oint 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Poviclean Ointment contains Metronidazole and Povidone-Iodine.
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic, works by stopping the growth of the bacteria (or parasites), causing the infection.
- Povidone-Iodine is an antiseptic, works slowly by releasing iodine, which kills or prevents the growth of the microorganisms.
Directions for Use of Poviclean Oint 15gm
- Use Poviclean Ointment as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only. Apply it on clean and dry affected skin.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Poviclean Oint 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Poviclean Oint 15gm
- Store Poviclean Ointment at a temperature below 25°C
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Poviclean Oint 15gm
- Excessive of Poviclean Ointment may cause skin irritation.
- As Poviclean Ointment is meant for external application, cases of overapplication are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.