Polaramine Bottle Of 60ml Syrup
Polaramine 0.5 MG Description
Polaramine Syrup contains Chlorpheniramine, which belongs to an antiallergic group of medicines It works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certa
in allergic conditions. It is used in common cold and allergy, including allergy to pollen or dust. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Polaramine Syrup should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding and children below 6-years of age. Inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of these medicines with Polaramine Syrup causes excessive sleepiness.
|You Save||₹3.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(0.5 Mg)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Polaramine 0.5 MG
Contraindications of Polaramine 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Chlorpheniramine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you have taken or taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- This medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Polaramine 0.5 MG
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Polaramine 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney diseases
- You have asthma or other breathing problems
- Your blood pressure is high
- You have an overactive thyroid
- You have an allergy to any other medicines or any food
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness
Mode of Action of Polaramine 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Polaramine 0.5 MG
- Take Polaramine Syrup as prescribed by your doctor with or without food
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement
Interactions of Polaramine 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used for psychiatric disorders, Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy such as Phenytoin, Moclobemide, Phenelzine and Tranylcypromine interfere with the action of Polaramine Syrup when given together....
- Medicines that are given for sleeplessness (sedative) when taken along with Polaramine Syrup increase sleepiness.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Polaramine 0.5 MG
- Store Polaramine Syrup at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Polaramine 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)