Planep 50mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Planep 50 MG Description
Planep Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a medicine known as eplerenone. It works by blocking the effect of aldosterone, a hormone in the body responsible for maint
aining the water and salt balance. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of an allergy, high potassium levels, kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor about any other medicines you are taking along with it. This medicine may increase potassium levels in your blood produces side effects like muscle cramps, diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness and headache.
Uses of Planep 50 MG
Contraindications of Planep 50 MG
- If you are allergic to eplerenone or any other components of this medicine.
- If you have high potassium levels in the blood.
- If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
- With other salt tablets or potassium-sparing diuretics (water pills which increases the level of potassium in the blood).
- If you are using the medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole (medicines to treat fungal infections), medicines used to treat HIV infection nelfinavir, ritonavir, antibiotics such as clarithromycin or telithromycin and medicines used in heart diseases such as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin receptor blockers....
Side effects of Planep 50 MG
- Increased Potassium levels
- Low blood pressure
- Back pain
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Planep 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kidney or liver problems.
- You are taking medicines like lithium (used for mental illness).
- You are taking medicines like tacrolimus or cyclosporine (used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema and to prevent rejection after organ transplantation).
- Your doctor may advise a blood test before and during therapy with this medicine to measure the blood potassium levels, especially, if you are suffering from any kidney or liver problems.
Mode of Action of Planep 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Planep 50 MG
- Take Planep Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Planep 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Planep Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are using the medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole (medicines to treat fungal infections), medicines used to treat HIV infection nelfinavir, ritonavir, antibiotics such as clarithromycin or telithromycin and medicines used in heart diseases such as angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin receptor blockers....
- Ciclosporin or tacrolimus (used in the treatment of the skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema and to prevent rejection after organ transplantation).
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAID's) certain painkillers such as ibuprofen. These medicines may cause kidney problems and eventually increase the risk of high potassium levels in your blood. ...
- Trimethoprim (used to treat bacterial infections) may increase the risk of high potassium levels in your blood.
- Warfarin (medicine to prevent clotting) should be used catiously with Planep Tablet.
- St John’s Wort (herbal medicinal products), rifampicin (used to treat bacterial infections), carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital (used, among others, to treat epilepsy) may decrease the effect Planep Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Planep 50 MG
- Keep Planep Tablet out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Planep 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Planep Tablet used for?
Q: How Planep Tablet works?
Q: What is the dose for Planep Tablet tablet?
Q: Is Planep blood thinner?
Q: What is the composition of Planep?
- Eplerenone 25mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Eplerenone 25mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]