Pirox Dt Tablet
Pirox Dt 20 MG Description
Pirox DT tablet is pain-relieving medicine also known as a pain killer. It contains piroxicam as its active ingredient. Pirox DT is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation associated with var
ious conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint and muscle pain. This medicine also helps provide temporary relief from post-operative pain and period pain. Piroxicam in Pirox DT acts by inhibiting the release of the natural chemical substances responsible for the sensation of pain and inflammation. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You can take Pirox DT with or without food, but it is recommended to take this medicine with food to avoid stomach upset. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medication history, before taking this medicine.
|You Save||₹15.62 (20% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Uses of Pirox Dt 20 MG
- Pirox DT is used to provide relief from pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, muscle pain and joints.
- It is also used to provide relief from post operative pain and period cramps.
Contraindications of Pirox Dt 20 MG
- If you are allergic to piroxicam, or any ingredients present in Pirox DT tablet.
- If you have a history of any problem related to the stomach and intestine.
- If you have active stomach and intestinal bleeding or inflammation.
- If you are taking blood thinner or painkiller medicines.
- If you have any known history of symptoms like asthma, nasal problems or hives, etc after taking NSAID's medicine like aspirin.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- If you have heart severe heart problems
Side effects of Pirox Dt 20 MG
- Decreased blood count
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pirox Dt 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of stomach or intestinal bleeding, perforations or ulcers.
- You experience stomach or intestinal bleeding after taking this medicine.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have any medical condition such as heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have or had experienced any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are planning a pregnancy or you are pregnant.
- You have a planned surgery.
Mode of Action of Pirox Dt 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pirox Dt 20 MG
Interactions of Pirox Dt 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pirox DT tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you take medicines like aspirin or other NSAID's, blood thinner medicines, corticosteroids, digoxin for heart condition, medicines for psychiatric problems, immunomodulatory medicines, medicines to treat high blood pressure, antibiotics, heart failure....
Storage and disposal of Pirox Dt 20 MG
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Pirox Dt 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can children use Pirox DT tablet?
Q: Can Pirox DT be used for knee pain?
Q: Is Pirox-DT tablet an antibiotic?
Q: What is the use of Pirox DT?
Q: What is the composition of Pirox DT?
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Drugs H. Piroxicam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- Feldene Melt 20mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]
- FELDENE® capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 6 September 2021]