Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MEYER ORGANICS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ugesic 20 tablet is used to treat painful conditions and provide relief from various kinds of mild-to-moderate pain. Ugesic 20 tablet contains piroxicam which is a pain killer. Piroxicam in Ugesic 20
tablet works by altering the release of chemical substances responsible for pain and inflammation....
Uses of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ugesic 20 tablet is used to treat painful joints, pain from bones, back pain, neck pain or muscular pain in long-standing diseases of the bones and muscles like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, a
nkylosing spondylitis, cervical spondylitis and other musculoskeletal disorder....
Contraindications of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to piroxicam or any other ingredients of Ugesic 20 tablet.
- If you have a present or past history of stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding or perforation in the stomach or gut.
- If you have problems with your stomach or intestines like Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or inflammation.
- If you have a history of past or ongoing treatment with blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clots.
- If you have heart disease like heart failure.
- If you have a history of known allergy or skin reactions to pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or develop it after starting treatment.
- If your age is more than 80 years.
- If you are already taking other pain killer medicines like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
- If you are more than 6 months pregnant.
- If you have a history of developing asthma or nasal polyps after consuming pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
Side effects of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ugesic 20 tablet during pregnancy?
- Ugesic 20 tablet is not to be taken during the first 3 months and last 3 months to avoid foetal damage. The first 3 months are very important as the formation of organs and other body parts take place. Taking Ugesic 20 tablet in the last 3 months can cause heart problems in the baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for safer alternatives. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine....Read more
Can I take Ugesic 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
Ugesic 20 tablet is not to be taken during breastfeeding as it passes into breastmilk and can affect the baby. It is advisable to consult your doctor for safer alternatives.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ugesic 20 tablet?
Undesirable effects such as fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances (like blurred vision) are possible after taking pain killers. Therefore, it is not advisable to drive or use machines when you have consumed this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Ugesic 20 tablet?
Alcohol can cause abdominal discomfort. Consumption of alcohol also leads to increased acidity and increased chances of stomach or intestinal ulcer formation. Moreover, it damages the liver which can affect the systemic breakdown of the medicine which takes place in the liver. Therefore, it is advised not to consume alcohol with Ugesic 20 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have acidity or stomach ulcers.
- You have any bleeding disorders.
- You are suffering from depression.
- You have heart problems like raised blood pressure, heart disease, stroke.
- You have diseases requiring steroid therapy.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have asthma.
- You have growth in the nose.
- If you are planning to have a baby or taking treatment for infertility, avoid Ugesic 20 tablet. It is advised to discuss everything with your physician before starting Ugesic 20 tablet.
- If you are above 70 years, special caution is advised as such patients have less tolerance to stomach side effects while liver and kidney damage along with heart disease are more common in this age group....Read more
- Caution is also advised if you have conditions that can increase the risk of bleeding in the digestive tract like bleeding disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, cancers of the stomach or intestine or inflammation of any part of the digestive tract....Read more
- Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided if you are suffering from an intestinal ulcer or bleeding from any part of the digestive tract at present.
Mode of Action of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- When our body suffers any damage internally or externally, it reacts by starting a cascade of reactions which eventually leads to pain, redness and swelling of that body part. This chain of events resulting in pain, redness, etc. is called inflammation....Read more
- Ugesic 20 tablet decreases pain by stopping the process of inflammation at various stages. It inhibits an enzyme that produces substances causing inflammation from body fat.
- It also inhibits the movement and action of white blood cells which takes place at any inflamed place. This also helps in decreasing swelling, redness and raised temperature.
Directions for Use of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Ugesic 20 tablet as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, when taken simultaneously with Ugesic 20 tablet, may increase chances of stomach or intestinal bleeding, vomiting blood, etc. Thus, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided....Read more
- Aspirin which is very commonly used in heart disease and some stroke patients can cause increased chances of stomach or intestinal bleed when taking Ugesic 20 tablet. Hence, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided....Read more
- Digoxin, a medicine derived from plants that are used in heart failure can cause kidney damage and aggravate kidney damage if used along with Ugesic 20 tablet.
- Steroids like Prednisolone, Dexamethasone, etc., when used with Ugesic 20 tablet poses a risk for stomach and intestinal bleed.
- Ugesic 20 tablet decreases the effects of certain blood pressure medicines like Captopril, Enalapril, Lisinopril or water pills (medicines increasing frequency of micturition) like Furosemide and Torsemide....Read more
- Other medicines like Mifepristone, Methotrexate, Lithium, Highly protein-bound medicines like Phenytoin, Cefazolin, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
It is advised to avoid excess spicy or oily foodstuffs to avoid stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose are pain or discomfort in the stomach that doesn’t resolve on its own, vomiting blood or blood in the stool, yellowing of eyes, nails and urine, swelling over the face and limbs.
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of
medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ugesic 20 tablet as a fever medication?
A: Even though Ugesic 20 tablet has been shown to have fever lowering effect, it should not be used as a fever medication. Ugesic 20 tablet can cause gastric or intestinal bleeding. In some viral fevers, there is a decrease in the platelet count which can increase the chances of bleeding along the lining of the gastric or intestinal tract.
Q: How will I know if I'm allergic to Ugesic 20 tablet?
A: If a patient develops a sudden skin rash, breathing difficulty, itching, cold hands and feet, loss of consciousness immediately or shortly after consuming Ugesic 20 tablet, he/she may be suffering from allergy to the drug and should be promptly taken to an emergency medical facility for further treatment.
Q: Is Ugesic 20 tablet good for back pain?
A: Yes, Ugesic 20 tablet is particularly good for back pain but you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. Back pain can be due to issues related to muscle, bone or disc between the vertebrae. Self-medication should be avoided.
Q: Is Ugesic 20 tablet a muscle relaxer?
A: No, Ugesic 20 tablet is not a muscle relaxer.
Q: Is this a habit-forming medicine?
A: No, Ugesic 20 tablet is not a habit-forming medicine.
Q: Why do I need to take antacid with Ugesic 20 tablet?
A: Ugesic 20 tablet causes increased acidity and can pose a risk of a gastric or intestinal bleed. Hence, an antacid is generally prescribed along with Ugesic 20 tablet.
Q: How long does the effect of Ugesic 20 tablet last?
A: The effect of Ugesic 20 tablet is seen up to 48 to 72 hours after having the medicine, but it depends from person to person.
Q: Can I consume alcohol when I am taking Ugesic 20 tablet 20 tablets?
A: No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol while taking Ugesic 20 tablets, as alcohol may aggravate the stomach discomfort caused by Ugesic 20 tablets and also increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 October 2021]
- Feldene - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 October 2021]
- Feldene (piroxicam) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 5 October 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2021 | 07:18 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved