Ugesic 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ugesic 20 MG Description
Ugesic 20 tablet is used to treat painful conditions and provide relief from various kinds of mild-to-moderate pain. Ugesic 20 tablet contains piroxicam which is a pain killer. This tablet works by a
ltering the release of chemical substances responsible for pain and inflammation. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and also about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Ugesic tablet.
Uses of Ugesic 20 MG
Contraindications of Ugesic 20 MG
- If you are allergic to piroxicam or any other ingredients of Ugesic 20 tablet.
- If you have a present or past history of stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding or perforation in the stomach or gut.
- If you have problems with your stomach or intestines like Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or inflammation.
- If you have a history of past or ongoing treatment with blood thinners such as warfarin, heparin to prevent blood clots.
- If you have heart disease like heart failure.
- If you have a history of known allergy or skin reactions to pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or develop it after starting treatment.
- If your age is more than 80 years.
- If you are already taking other pain killer medicines like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
- If you are more than 6 months pregnant.
- If you have a history of developing asthma or nasal polyps after consuming pain killers like Ibuprofen, Celecoxib or Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin).
Side effects of Ugesic 20 MG
- Stomach pain or discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Ugesic 20 MG
- Ugesic 20 tablet is not to be taken during the first 3 months and last 3 months to avoid foetal damage. The first 3 months are very important as the formation of organs and other body parts take place. Taking Ugesic 20 tablet in the last 3 months can cause heart problems in the baby. It is advised to consult your doctor for safer alternatives. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine....
Other General Warnings
- You have acidity or stomach ulcers.
- You have any bleeding disorders.
- You are suffering from depression.
- You have heart problems like raised blood pressure, heart disease, stroke.
- You have diseases requiring steroid therapy.
- You have any liver or kidney disease.
- You have asthma.
- You have growth in the nose.
- If you are planning to have a baby or taking treatment for infertility, avoid Ugesic 20 tablet. It is advised to discuss everything with your physician before starting Ugesic 20 tablet.
- If you are above 70 years, special caution is advised as such patients have less tolerance to stomach side effects while liver and kidney damage along with heart disease are more common in this age group....
- Caution is also advised if you have conditions that can increase the risk of bleeding in the digestive tract like bleeding disorders, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, cancers of the stomach or intestine or inflammation of any part of the digestive tract....
- Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided if you are suffering from an intestinal ulcer or bleeding from any part of the digestive tract at present.
Mode of Action of Ugesic 20 MG
How Does It Work?
- When our body suffers any damage internally or externally, it reacts by starting a cascade of reactions which eventually leads to pain, redness and swelling of that body part. This chain of events resulting in pain, redness, etc. is called inflammation. ...
- Ugesic 20 tablet decreases pain by stopping the process of inflammation at various stages. It inhibits an enzyme that produces substances causing inflammation from body fat.
- It also inhibits the movement and action of white blood cells which takes place at any inflamed place. This also helps in decreasing swelling, redness and raised temperature.
Directions for Use of Ugesic 20 MG
- Take Ugesic 20 tablet as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ugesic 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood thinners like Warfarin, when taken simultaneously with Ugesic 20 tablet, may increase chances of stomach or intestinal bleeding, vomiting blood, etc. Thus, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided....
- Aspirin which is very commonly used in heart disease and some stroke patients can cause increased chances of stomach or intestinal bleed when taking Ugesic 20 tablet. Hence, concomitant use of these medicines with Ugesic 20 tablet should be avoided....
- Digoxin, a medicine derived from plants that are used in heart failure can cause kidney damage and aggravate kidney damage if used along with Ugesic 20 tablet.
- Steroids like Prednisolone, Dexamethasone, etc., when used with Ugesic 20 tablet poses a risk for stomach and intestinal bleed.
- Ugesic 20 tablet decreases the effects of certain blood pressure medicines like Captopril, Enalapril, Lisinopril or water pills (medicines increasing frequency of micturition) like Furosemide and Torsemide....
- Other medicines like Mifepristone, Methotrexate, Lithium, Highly protein-bound medicines like Phenytoin, Cefazolin, Ciprofloxacin, Levofloxacin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ugesic 20 MG
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ugesic 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ugesic 20 tablet as a fever medication?
Q: How will I know if I'm allergic to Ugesic 20 tablet?
Q: Is Ugesic 20 tablet good for back pain?
Q: Is Ugesic 20 tablet a muscle relaxer?
Q: Is this a habit-forming medicine?
Q: Why do I need to take antacid with Ugesic 20 tablet?
Q: How long does the effect of Ugesic 20 tablet last?
Q: Can I consume alcohol when I am taking Ugesic 20 tablet 20 tablets?
Q: Can Ugesic be taken empty stomach?
Q: Is Ugesic tablet a painkiller?
Q: What is the content present in Ugesic?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Feldene - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]
- Feldene (piroxicam) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 4 March 2022]