Picidin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Picidin 5 MG Description
Picidin Tablet contains procyclidine as its active medicine. It is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exa
ct duration as prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Picidin 5 MG
- Picidin Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Picidin 5 MG
- If you are allergic to procyclidine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- If you have a blockage in your intestine (gut).
- If you are unable to or have difficulty passing urine and are not currently receiving any form of treatment for this from your doctor.
Side effects of Picidin 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Urinary retention
Precautions and Warnings of Picidin 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have high blood pressure or a heart condition.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have a history of blockages in your intestine (gut).
- You have a family history of glaucoma or you are at risk of developing glaucoma.
- You suffer from repetitive movements of the hands, mouth, tongue, lips and eyes, which you are unable to control and may be caused by certain medicines. Procyclidine can make these symptoms worse.
- You have any brain disease.
- You are taking a phenothiazine medicine.
Mode of Action of Picidin 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Picidin 5 MG
- Picidin Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken just before or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Picidin 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Picidin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Picidin 5 MG
Dosage of Picidin 5 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include fast heartbeat, agitation, restlessness and confusion. Seek medical attention if you have consumed too much of this medicine.