Phylosafe 100mg Tab
By HAUZ PHARMA PVT LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Phylosafe Tablet is used to provide relief from cough associated with mucous in a respiratory problem such as asthma and bronchitis. It contains ambroxol as its active ingredient. It is an antitussive medicine that reduces the viscosity of mucous or loosens it up within the airways, thus makes breathing easy. It should be used with caution in patients with stomach ulcers. Phylosafe Tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Phylosafe 100 MG
Phylosafe Tablet is used to provide relief from the cough along with mucous in respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
Contraindications of Phylosafe 100 MG
If you are allergic to ambroxol or any ingredients of Phylosafe Tablet.
Side effects of Phylosafe 100 MG
- Altered taste
- Numbness in throat and mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Phylosafe 100 MG
Can I take the Phylosafe Tablet during pregnancy?
Phylosafe Tablet is not advisable to be taken during the first trimester of pregnancy.Hence, it is recommended not to use this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take the Phylosafe Tablet while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and can be harmful to the baby. Thus, it is recommended to avoid breastfeeding while on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Phylosafe Tablet?
This medicine does not inhibit your ability to drive; however, do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Phylosafe Tablet?
Although there are no known interactions of alcohol along with Phylosafe Tablet. So it is important to consult your physician if, you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disorders, fits, any hereditary disorder, stomach ulcers etc.
- You experience any kind of allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have secretion-related problems.
- It should not be given to children below six years of age unless prescribed by the doctor.
- You have recently taken any other medicine containing the same ingredient.
Mode of Action of Phylosafe 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts by increasing the synthesis and release of surfactants in our respiratory system which decrease the ability of mucous to stick to the wall of airways. This makes breathing easy.
Directions for Use of Phylosafe 100 MG
- Take Phylosafe Tablet according to your doctor's prescription.
- This medicine is for oral use only.
- Take it only in the prescribed dose.
- Swallow this medicine as a whole with water.
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine.
- Check its expiry date before using it.
Interactions of Phylosafe 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Phylosafe Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Taking Phylosafe Tablet while already being on an antibiotic medication may increase the action of antibiotics.
Storage and disposal of Phylosafe 100 MG
- Keep this medicine away from the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date mentioned on it.
- Store this medicine in a closed container.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25 degrees Celsius.
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Phylosafe 100 MG
If you happen to take too much of Phylosafe Tablet, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
This medicine must be taken as per the prescribed dosage. In case of a missed dose, it is advisable to take this medicine at the earliest. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Phylosafe for dry cough?
A: No, Phylosafe should not be used for dry cough. It is used to treat the cough with mucous.
Q: For how long can I use the Phylosafe Tablet?
A: You should take this medicine as long as recommended by your doctor. This medicine should not be taken continuously for more than 14 days unless it is recommended by your doctor.
- Ambroxol Sandoz 30 mg tablets [Internet]. Ravimiregister.ee. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- Ambroxol: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 4 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand