Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
Petril Beta 10mg Tablet Description
Petril beta 10 mg is a medication primarily used to treat anxiety. It calms down the mind of a person. It is a habit-forming drug. This drug contains clonazepam along with propranolol as its top comb
inations. It can also control seizures, chest pain due to angina, cardiac arrhythmias etc. This drug has a calming effect on brain cells. It generally reduces and blocks the action of certain chemicals to our heart and blood vessels, resulting in the dilation of our body’s blood vessels and decreasing the load on our heart. Clonazepam generally belongs to a specific class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam relaxes the tense muscles and is also recommended to people who have difficulty sleeping. Propranolol, on the other hand, belongs to a specific class of drugs called beta-blockers which generally have a calming effect on our body and brain as a whole.
|Contains||Propranolol(10.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Side effects||dizziness,nausea,vomiting,nightmares,diarrhoea,irregular heartbeat,chest pain.|
Uses of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
- It is used to treat-
- MAJOR USES
- Disorders related to anxiety- Anxiety is a feeling of fear accompanied by increased heartbeat and difficulty breathing.
- High blood pressure- Also known as hypertension, may be accompanied by sweating and discomfort.
- Depression- It is a condition that may arise when a person may feel unworthy or may lose interest in living a life.
- Seizures- During this condition, a person may show abnormal behaviour due to disturbance in the brain’s activity.
- MINOR USE
- Insomnia- It is defined as an inability of a person to complete his sleep correctly.
Contraindications of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
- People taking medications for any liver disorder should avoid using petril beta 10 mg.
- Pregnant females must avoid using this medication as it may prove harmful to the baby.
- Heart patients.
- Kidney patients.
- Patients taking medication for glaucoma.
- Lactating mothers.
- All the above patients with these specific conditions should avoid taking this medication unless it’s life-threatening and prescribed by a well-qualified doctor.
Side effects of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
- Some of the countable side effects of this drug may include the following-
- mental confusion
- memory impairment
- mood fluctuations
- cold extremities
Precautions and Warnings of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- Consult your doctor if the side effects of this medication get worse.
- In case of severe withdrawal symptoms after stopping the usage of this drug, consult your doctor immediately.
- Talk to your doctor if the blood pressure falls far below the standard limit.
- Regularly consult your doctor regarding the adjustment of dose from time to time.
Mode of Action of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
Interactions of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- People taking medicines for heart problems(heart patients) should consult a doctor before consuming petril beta 10 mg.
- Liver patients should consult their doctor before taking this medication.
- Patients taking medication for glaucoma should consult a doctor before taking this medication.
- Kidney patients should consult a doctor before starting this medication.
- People prone to seasonal allergies should consult a doctor before starting this medication.
Interactions with food items
- There are no such interactions known yet. Petril beta 10 mg can be taken either on an empty stomach or with food as recommended by their doctor.
Storage and disposal of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
Dosage of Petril Beta 10mg Tablet
- It can be harmful if taken in high doses; however, in accidentally overdosing, consult your physician immediately.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I discontinue its use immediately after being cured?
Q: How long will the effect of this medication last in the body?
- After consuming, the effect of this medication generally may last from about 7-12 hours. It may cause dizziness in the body. It is strongly advised to avoid any physical work which requires a strenuous amount of energy after taking this medication....