Persinal Hp 75iu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Persinal Hp 75 IU Description
Persinal Hp Powder For Injection contains menotrophin which is a highly purified mixture of two hormones namely luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). Both LH and FSH occur
naturally in men as well as women and are involved in normal reproductive functions. Menotrophin is extracted from the urine of post-menopausal women.
Uses of Persinal Hp 75 IU
Contraindications of Persinal Hp 75 IU
- If you have an allergy to menotrophin or any other component of Persinal Hp Powder For Injection.
- If you have a pituitary gland tumour.
- If you are suffering from tumour of the hypothalamus.
- If you are suffering from tumour of the womb (uterus), ovaries or breasts.
- If you have fluid-filled sacs (cysts) in your ovaries (not due to PCOD).
- If you have noticed unusual vaginal bleeding.
- If your menstrual periods have stopped too early (premature menopause).
- If you have any abnormalities related to your reproductive organs (womb, fallopian tubes, ovaries or cervix).
- If you have got your womb (uterus) removed (hysterectomy).
- If you have non-cancerous tumours in your womb (fibroid).
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
- If you have cancer of the prostate gland or testicles.
Side effects of Persinal Hp 75 IU
- Allergic reaction like rashes, swelling in and around the mouth, difficulty in breathing
- Sickness (nausea)
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Pain at the injection site
- Swelling in the abdominal region
- Weakness, unsteadiness
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Weight gain
- Decrease in urination
- Formation of blood clots in blood vessels
Precautions and Warnings of Persinal Hp 75 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have any problem or tumour related to the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, pituitary gland or hypothalamus.
- Your prolactin levels are deranged.
- You experience any of the symptoms after starting this treatment if your ovaries have been stimulated in excess, abdominal pain and swelling, weight gain, diarrhoea, vomiting, collection of fluid in the lower abdominal region, decrease in urination, the formation of blood clots in blood vessels, twisting pain in ovaries (ovarian torsion)....
Mode of Action of Persinal Hp 75 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Persinal Hp 75 IU
- Persinal Hp Powder For Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Persinal Hp 75 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- If Persinal Hp Powder For Injection is given along with clomiphene citrate, the action of this medicine is expected to increase.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines or herbal supplements that you are taking before starting this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Persinal Hp 75 IU
- Store Persinal Hp Powder For Injection at a temperature below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine
Dosage of Persinal Hp 75 IU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Persinal Hp Powder For Injection cause sickness?
Q: Can Persinal Hp Powder For Injection be given to men?
- Menotrophin - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Menotrophin - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Menotrophin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]