Perinorm Inj 10ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10ml Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Perinorm injection contains Metoclopramide and is used for the prevention of nausea and vomiting after surgery or chemotherapy. This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse, do not self-in
ject as this could be harmful to you. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this injection or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding....
Uses of Perinorm Inj 10ml
Perinorm injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that may occur after chemotherapy or surgery.
Contraindications of Perinorm Inj 10ml
- If you are allergic to Metoclopramide or any other ingredients of this Injection.
- If you have any problems with your stomach such as bleeding or tear.
- If you have a rare tumor, pheochromocytoma.
- If you ever had an involuntary muscle spasm after treatment with a medicine.
- If you have fits or have Parkinson’s disease.
- If are taking levodopa to treat Parkinson’s disease or are taking dopaminergic agonists like ropinirole, pramipexole
- If you ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels or NADH cytochrome-b5 deficiency.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you had a stomach or intestine operation within the previous four days.
- This medicine should not be given to babies less than 1 year-old.
Side effects of Perinorm Inj 10ml
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Shaking, stiffness
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats, hallucinations
- Low level of consciousness
- Irregular periods
Precautions and Warnings of Perinorm Inj 10ml
Can I take Perinorm injection during pregnancy?
- Perinorm injection should be used during pregnancy only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
- Perinorm should be avoided at the end of pregnancy, and if used, the newborn baby should be monitored.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take Perinorm injection while breastfeeding?
The content of Perinorm injection passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Perinorm injection?
Perinorm injection may make you dizzy, feel sleepy, stiffness, rigidity and twisting movements. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Perinorm injection?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Perinorm injection, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart problems like abnormal heartbeats.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have a salt imbalance in your body like potassium, sodium and magnesium.
- You have any brain problems.
- You are using other medicines known to affect the way your heartbeats.
- You are suffering from a blood disease known as porphyria.
- You ever had a condition of abnormal blood pigment levels, your doctor may monitor your blood regularly.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are taking medicine by mouth.
- This injection should not be given to babies less than 1-year-old.
Mode of Action of Perinorm Inj 10ml
How Does It Work?
Metoclopramide works on a certain part of your brain that prevents you from feeling nauseated or vomiting.
Directions for Use of Perinorm Inj 10ml
- Perinorm injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Perinorm Inj 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not concomitantly use Perinorm injection along with medicines to treat Parkinson's disease like Levodopa, medicines used to treat stomach cramps like Atropine, Dicylomine as it may be harmful....Read more
- Concomitant use of Perinorm injection along with medicines used to treat severe pain like Morphine or Alprazolam, Diazepam.
- Concomitant use of Perinorm injection along with medicines to treat psychiatric illness like Fluoxetine and Paroxetine may increase the effects of this Injection.
- Concomitant use of Perinorm injection along with medicines used in brain diseases like Citalopram, Escitalopram, as it may cause restlessness, lack of coordination, fast heartbeats and fever.
- Concomitant use of metoclopramide along with Aspirin, Paracetamol may alter the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like Digoxin used to treat heart disease, Cyclosporine used to treat certain immune system problems, Mivacurium and Suxamethonium used to relax muscles should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Perinorm Inj 10ml
- Store below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this injection away from children and pets.
- You should not use this injection after the expiry date.
- Do not use this injection if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Perinorm Inj 10ml
Perinorm injection will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms inform your doctor or reach out to the near
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of Perinorm injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set-up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection inform your doctor or nurse
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Perinorm injection?
A: Perinorm injection is a medicine used to prevent nausea and vomiting after surgery or chemotherapy. It contains Metoclopramide as its active ingredient.
Q: Can Perinorm injection be given for hiccups?
A: Perinorm injection is meant for the prevention of nausea and vomiting after surgery or chemotherapy. There could be several causes for hiccups, based on the cause your doctor shall prescribe the medicine for you. Do not self-medicate without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can we take Perinorm injection in pregnancy?
A: This medicine should be used during pregnancy only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. This medicine should be avoided at the end of pregnancy, and if used, the newborn baby should be monitored. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 03:29 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved