Penvir 500mg Tablet
By HETERO HEALTHCARE LIMITED
3 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Penvir 500 mg tablet is an antiviral medicine containing famciclovir as its active ingredient. It is used to treat different types of herpes virus infections like shingles (herpes zoster). Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it or are taking a medicine known as penciclovir. This medicine should be used under medical prescription, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
Uses of Penvir 500mg Tablet
Penvir 500 mg tablet is used to treat various types of herpesvirus infections like shingles (herpes zoster).
Contraindications of Penvir 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to famciclovir or any other ingredients of Penvir 500 mg tablet
- If you are allergic to medicines like penciclovir
Side effects of Penvir 500mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Abnormal Liver function test
Precautions and Warnings of Penvir 500mg Tablet
Can I take Penvir 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited information about the effects of Penvir 500 mg tablets in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
- If you have genital herpes, you should avoid any sexual contact with anyone, and it is recommended you use safer sex practice.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Can I take Penvir 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if famciclovir passes into human milk; hence you should not breastfeed while taking Penvir 500 mg tablet. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Penvir 500 mg tablet?
Penvir 500 mg tablet may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Penvir 500 mg tablets?
There is limited information about the effects of Penvir 500 mg tablets on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your immunity system
- You have kidney problems
- You have liver problems
- You should use safe sex methods if you have genital herpes, to prevent passing genital herpes to others
- Penvir 500 mg tablet is not recommended in patients below 17 years old
Mode of Action of Penvir 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Famciclovir in Penvir 500 mg tablet works by stopping the spread of the herpes virus in the body.
Directions for Use of Penvir 500mg Tablet
- Penvir 500 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break, or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor, and for optimal results, it should be taken at a fixed time.
Interactions of Penvir 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You should inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations, and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Be cautious when taking Penvir 500 mg tablets along with Probenecid (used to treat gout).
- When taken along with Raloxifene, it may decrease the effect of Penvir 500 mg tablets.
Storage and disposal of Penvir 500mg Tablet
- Store Penvir 500 mg tablets below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight, and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- If you notice that the pack is damaged or it shows signs of tampering, then you shouldn't use the medicine.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour it into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Penvir 500mg Tablet
- There is limited information about the overdose of Penvir 500 mg tablets, but in rare cases, an overdose of this medicine may lead to kidney failure.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of Penvir 500 mg tablet as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: After taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking Penvir 500 mg tablet?
A: No, Penvir 500 mg tablet has to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you might be feeling better, some viruses may still be alive in your system. To ensure complete and effective treatment, complete the prescribed course, even if you feel better midway.
Q: Is Penvir 500 mg tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming tendencies have been noticed with Penvir 500 mg tablet.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:32 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved