Pentids 800mg Tablet
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pentids 800mg Tablet contains Benzylpenicillin (also called as Penicillin G) as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic and is used in treating differing types of bacterial infections of the skin,
ear, nose, throat, chest, bone, private parts, etc. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor, even if you are feeling well. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Pentids 800mg Tablet
Pentids 800mg Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as skin infections, respiratory tract infection, dental infections, infection of tonsils and throat, lung infection, ur
inary tract infections, sexually transmitted infections, etc....
Contraindications of Pentids 800mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Benzylpenicillin or any other ingredients of Pentids 800mg Tablet.
- If you have a history of any allergic reactions to other Penicillins or Cephalosporins.
Side effects of Pentids 800mg Tablet
- Skin rashes
- Allergic reactions like skin itching, swelling or breathing difficulties (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Pentids 800mg Tablet
Can I take Pentids 800mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Pentids 800mg Tablet during pregnancy.
Can I take Pentids 800mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into breast milk, hence you should consult your doctor before using Pentids 800mg Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pentids 800mg Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Pentids 800mg Tablet on driving, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Pentids 800mg Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Pentids 800mg Tablet as alcohol is known to worsen the infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your liver or kidneys
- You are suffering from any heart diseases
- You experience any severe allergic reaction or side effects after taking Pentids 800mg Tablet.
- You have diabetes
- You are pregnant or think you maybe
- You are breastfeeding
Mode of Action of Pentids 800mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Benzylpenicillin in Pentids 800mg Tablet works by preventing one or more enzymes called Penicillin-Binding Proteins (PBPs) which help to form a bacterial cell wall, thus causing bacteria death and pre
vents the worsening of infection....
Directions for Use of Pentids 800mg Tablet
- Pentids 800mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting the doctor.
Interactions of Pentids 800mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Pentids 800mg Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if youhave a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Use of oral contraceptives along with this medicine, may alter its effects and may result in unwanted pregnancy.
- Other medicines like probenecid, methotrexate, allopurinol, neomycin, warfarin should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Pentids 800mg Tablet
- Store Pentids 800mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pentids 800mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of Pentids 800mg Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Pentids 800mg Tablet take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not
take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pentids 800mg Tablet?
A: Pentids 800mg Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as skin infections, respiratory tract infection, dental infections, infection of tonsils and throat, lung infection, urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted infections, etc.
Q: Can I stop taking Pentids 800mg Tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Pentids 800mg Tablet until advised by doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you discontinue the treatment before completing the course, your symptoms may reoccur.
Q: Does Pentids 800mg Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, Pentids 800mg Tablet may cause diarrhoea as a side effect.
Q: Is Pentids 800mg Tablet habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming tendencies have been reported with Pentids 800mg Tablet. But you should take it only in doses as prescribed by the doctor.
Last Updated on: 18 Feb 2021 | 05:54 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved