Parlax Syrup 170ml
Parlax Syrup 170ml Description
Parlax Suspension is a laxative used to provide relief from constipation. It contains a combination of liquid paraffin and milk of magnesia/magnesium hydroxide as active ingredients. Constipation occ
urs when the normal muscle action in the bowel (large intestine) slows down, and the stools are not easily removed from the body. A laxative like Parlax Suspension increases bowel movements, thereby helping to push out the stools. This syrup is not to be used in children under 2 years of age. Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Shake well before use. Inform your doctor before taking Parlax Suspension if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. Eating a balanced diet, drinking enough water, exercising regularly, and making time to empty your bowels when your body tells you are some of the tips to be followed to try to prevent constipation.
Uses of Parlax Syrup 170ml
Contraindications of Parlax Syrup 170ml
- If you are allergic to liquid paraffin, milk of magnesia/magnesium hydroxide, or any other ingredient of Parlax Suspension.
- You are giving this medicine to children under 2 years of age.
Side effects of Parlax Syrup 170ml
Precautions and Warnings of Parlax Syrup 170ml
Other General Warnings
- You have swallowing difficulties.
- You have symptoms of appendicitis, blockage in the intestines, inflammatory bowel disease, or abdominal pain.
- You have kidney disease.
- You are taking any other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You develop continuous abdominal pain after using Parlax Suspension.
Mode of Action of Parlax Syrup 170ml
How Does It Work?
- Parlax Suspension contains a combination of liquid paraffin and milk of magnesia/magnesium hydroxide as active ingredients.
- Liquid paraffin softens the stool and allows easy elimination.
- Milk of magnesia/magnesium hydroxide retains water and increases the muscle movements in the bowel which helps to move the stools through the body.
Directions for Use of Parlax Syrup 170ml
- Take Parlax Suspension exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity.
- Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Parlax Syrup 170ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Parlax Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Care should be taken if you are taking fat-soluble vitamins as their absorption may be interfered when taken along with Parlax Suspension.
Storage and disposal of Parlax Syrup 170ml
- Store Parlax Suspension in a cool and dry place below 25°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Parlax Syrup 170ml
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Parlax Suspension, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Parlax Suspension used for?
Q: What do I need to know before I take Parlax Suspension?
- Before taking Parlax Suspension, always inform your doctor about your medical history and all medicines, including non-prescription medicines, herbals, or supplements that you are taking.
- You should inform your doctor if you are less than 2 years of age, have a blockage or inflammation in your intestine, or have any kind of abdominal condition like appendicitis, or stomach pain.
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, or are allergic to liquid paraffin or milk of magnesia/magnesium hydroxide.
- You must always use this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by the doctor or as described in the information leaflet. Do not overuse this medicine as this may lead to side effects.