Paracip Inj 2ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
2ml Injection in Ampoule
Out of Stock
Paracip Inj 2ml contains paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen.
Uses of Paracip Inj 2ml
- For short term treatment of pain after surgery or operation.
- Short term treatment of fever in emergency conditions, when it can not be given by other routes.
Contraindications of Paracip Inj 2ml
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you are taking any other product that contains paracetamol
Side effects of Paracip Inj 2ml
Pain and burning sensation at the site of injection. In rare cases, you may experience skin rashes, blisters, itching, serious allergic reaction, increased heart rhythm, low blood pressure.
Precautions and Warnings of Paracip Inj 2ml
Can I take Paracip Inj 2ml during pregnancy?
Paracetamol can be used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Paracip Inj 2ml while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into breastmilk in small amount. This medicine can be used during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Paracip Inj 2ml?
Paracetamol is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Paracip Inj 2ml?
Moderate consumption of alcohol when you are taking paracetamol is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You are taking any other medicines or products that contain paracetamol, taking too much of the same can cause liver damage
- You are alcoholic or are suffering from chronic malnutrition
Mode of Action of Paracip Inj 2ml
How Does It Work?
There are some chemicals in the body called prostaglandins. These are substances that cause pain, swelling, fever. Paracip Inj 2ml contains paracetamol which blocks the production of these prostaglandins, thus temporarily controlling fever or pain. It acts on the area of brain which is responsible for controlling temperature. Thus, it controls the fever.
Directions for Use of Paracip Inj 2ml
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Paracip Inj 2ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat nausea or vomiting like metoclopramide or domperidone
- Medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infection like chloramphenicol
Storage and disposal of Paracip Inj 2ml
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Paracip Inj 2ml
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and stomach ache.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems, or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose
- Caution is needed in older people too
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved