Pantogard 40 MG Description
Pantogard Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an
active ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
- Pancoly 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.50₹
- Pantosec 40mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.51₹ 104.41₹
- Pentab 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.80₹ 139.23₹
- Taskpan 40 Tablet 10 No'sBy Ericure Remedies Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.00₹ 59.50₹
- Panbloc 40mg 15's TabletsBy Tablets India Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 147.00₹ 147.00₹
- Nulcer 40mg TabletBy Coxswain Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹
- Zovanta 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 135.15₹
- Pentosec 40 Mg Tablet 10By Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 118.65₹ 118.65₹
- Pnz 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.00₹ 110.50₹
- Pansa 40mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.40₹ 104.04₹
Uses of Pantogard 40 MG
Contraindications of Pantogard 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantogard Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantogard 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantogard 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantogard Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Pantogard 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pantogard 40 MG
- Pantogard Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantogard 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pantogard Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Pantogard 40 MG
- Store Pantogard Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantogard 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pantogard Tablet?
Q: What is Pantogard Tablet used for?
Q: Can Pantogard Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]