P 20 Tablets
P 20 MG Description
P Tablet is used to treat eye conditions called glaucoma. It contains a medicine called acetazolamide. In Glaucoma, the nerve which connects our eye to our brain is injured mainly because of the high
eye pressure. It can also cause blindness if not treated early. P Tablet works by reducing the production of fluid in the eye and thus reduces the pressure inside the eye.
Uses of P 20 MG
Contraindications of P 20 MG
- Known allergy to acetazolamide and any other ingredient of the medicine.
- Low salt and electrolyte levels in the body.
- Increased level of chlorine in the body.
- Patients with a history of kidney failure or other kidney problems.
- Patients with adrenal glands (glands situated over kidneys) dysfunction.
- Patients with a history of liver failure or other liver problems.
- The use of P Tablet is prohibited in children under 12 years of age.
- P Tablet are advised not to be used in pregnancy or if the planning of a family.
Side effects of P 20 MG
- Muscle pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in passing urine
Precautions and Warnings of P 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any form of kidney problem like stones.
- You have liver disease.
- You have a blood glucose-related problem.
- You are of age above 65.
- You have a lung-related disorder like difficulty in breathing.
- You are taking any medicine to treat fits or seizures.
Mode of Action of P 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of P 20 MG
Interactions of P 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- P Tablet should be taken cautiously with methotrexate, anti-diabetics and blood thinners as it may increase or decrease the action of these medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines like digoxin for the treatment of heart failure and blood pressure-lowering medicines.
- P Tablet if taken along with medicines used for the treatment of seizures or fits may lead to bone softening, hence caution is advised.
- P Tablet may increase the levels of amphetamine and quinidine and prolong their action.
- If this medicine taken along with sodium bicarbonate (used to reduce stomach acid) can lead to kidney stones.
- Lithium therapy used for brain-related disorders should be used cautiously with P Tablet as it can increase the levels of lithium in the body.
- P Tablet can reduce the antiseptic action of urinary antiseptics such as methenamine.
- Other medicines like ciclosporin, carbamazepine and primidone may interact with this medicine.