Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains Dapagliflozin and is used in type 2 diabetes along with diet and exercise. It is to be taken orally with a glass of water daily and at a fixed time. It lowers hi
gh blood sugar levels by excreting excess blood sugar through urine. You should inform your doctor about all the other medicines you are consuming before starting with this medicine. Do not use Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets if you are allergic to Dapagliflozin or you are pregnant or breastfeeding....
Uses of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, where the body does not produce enough insulin or is unable to use it properly.
Contraindications of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you are allergic to Dapagliflozin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Genital infections
- Increase in frequency of urination, painful urination
- Back pain
- Rash over body
- Serious side effects such as swelling of the face, tongue or throat, difficulty in swallowing or breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Use in pregnancy is not recommended. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of this medicine in lactating women. Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
This medicine has no or negligible effect on driving. If you feel dizziness after taking this medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
Drinking alcohol can lower your blood sugar level. Therefore, drinking alcohol should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have type 1 diabetes, where the body does not produce any insulin.
- You have a liver or kidney disease.
- You have fever, nausea or vomiting or infection of the urinary tract.
- You are taking medicines for high blood pressure and have a history of low blood pressure.
- Your blood sugar levels are high, leading to dehydration.
- You have stomach pain, excessive thirst, fast and deep breathing, confusion, unusual sleepiness or tiredness, a sweet smell to breathe, a sweet or metallic taste in the mouth, or different odour urineor sweat or rapid weight loss. If you find these symptoms, then immediately inform your doctor....Read more
- You have pain, tenderness, redness, or swelling of the genitals or the area between the genitals and the anus.
Mode of Action of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works by lowering excess blood sugar level by excreting it through urine. It inhibits the reabsorption of glucose. Thus, glucose can be eliminated through the urine.
Directions for Use of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor with a glass of water with or without food. Take it at the same time each day.
Interactions of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Taking medicine used to remove water from the body (Diuretic), along with this medicine, can cause excessive water loss.
- Inform your doctor if you are on other medicines for diabetes like insulin or a sulfonylurea. Your doctor shall adjust their dose when prescribing Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight and moisture.
- This medicine should be kept out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: can I take Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets along with insulin?
A: Yes, this medicine can be taken with insulin under medical supervision but the dose of insulin has to be reduced to prevent very low blood sugar levels.
Q: Can I take this medicine if I have kidney disease?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you have any kidney problems, as this medicine works by excreting excess sugar through urine.
Q: Does Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets cause loss of body weight?
A: No, normally this medicine does not cause loss of body weight. In contrast, rapid loss of body weight is a sign of a serious medical condition called Diabetic ketoacidosis.
Q: How Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works?
A: Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets works by removing excess blood sugar by excreting it through urine.
Q: Does Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is useful in type 1 diabetes mellitus?
A: No, Oxra 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is useful only in type 2 diabetes mellitus where the body produces less amount of insulin or is unable to use it.
Last Updated on: 19 Mar 2021 | 04:13 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved