Ontic Md 4mg Tablet
Ontic Md 4 MG Description
Ontic Md Tablet is used to control nausea and vomiting. It contains ondansetron, and it belongs to a class of antiemetic medicines. It works by blocking the action of the natural hormone Serotonin, w
hich causes nausea and vomiting. Ontic Md Tablet should not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. It should be consumed in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Ondet Md 4mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.30₹ 40.8120% CHEAPER₹ 4.08/Tablet
- Ondet 4mg TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 54.66₹ 46.469% CHEAPER₹ 4.65/Tablet
- Ondiron Md 4mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.11₹ 49.393% CHEAPER₹ 4.94/Tablet
- Ondem Md 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.27₹ 49.533% CHEAPER₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Vomikind Md 4mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.2525% CHEAPER₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Emeset 4mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 58.28₹ 49.543% CHEAPER₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Ondem 4mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.61₹ 44.7212% CHEAPER₹ 4.47/Tablet
- Rgnil Mdt 4mg Tablets 10'sBy Unicure Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.05₹ 52.05₹ 5.21/Tablet
- Vomiset Md 4mg TabletBy Indi Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.71₹ 52.71₹ 5.27/Tablet
- Periset Md 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 52.86₹ 47.577% CHEAPER₹ 4.76/Tablet
Uses of Ontic Md 4 MG
Contraindications of Ontic Md 4 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of Ontic Md Tablet.
- If you are consuming a medicine called Apomorphine, which is used to treat the loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Ontic Md 4 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Ontic Md 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver problems.
- You are experiencing a condition of salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are going through fluid loss.
- You are allergic to medicines that are similar like Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You are experiencing severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
Mode of Action of Ontic Md 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ontic Md 4 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine and for a longer duration.
Interactions of Ontic Md 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ontic Md Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Be careful if you are taking medicine like Amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or Arrhythmias.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole....
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Ontic Md Tablet along with Apomorphine. Hence, these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain such as Tramadol may not work when taken along with Ontic Md Tablet.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea), including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness such as Citalopram or Sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine and Rifampicin may affect the action of Ontic Md Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ontic Md 4 MG
- Store Ontic Md Tablet in the original packaging.
- Keep the medicine out of reach from children and pets.
- Do not flush unused or expired medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
Dosage of Ontic Md 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ontic Md Tablet be given during pregnancy?
- No, it should not be given to a pregnant woman, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: Is Ontic Md Tablet useful for motion sickness?
Q: What is Ontic Md Tablet used for?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ontic Md Tablet?
- Inform your doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Ontic Md Tablet sedative?
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 April 2021]