Ondem 8mg Tablet
Ondem 8 MG Description
Ondem Tablet is an antiemetic medicine used to control nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. It contains Ondansetron as an active ingredient. Ondem-MD 8 work
s by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which causes nausea and vomiting.
- Ondem Md 8mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 101.36₹ 86.16₹ 8.62/Tablet
- Zofer 8mg TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.92₹ 75.5812.3% CHEAPER₹ 7.56/Tablet
Uses of Ondem 8 MG
- Ondem Tablet is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations
Contraindications of Ondem 8 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any the other component of this medicine
- You should not take Ondem MD-8 with Apomorphine, the medicine used for the treatment of loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Ondem 8 MG
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ondem 8 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Ondansetron.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- If you have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- If you have any liver-related problems.
- If you have medical conditions such as a salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Mode of Action of Ondem 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ondem 8 MG
- Take Ondem Tablet as advised by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this tablet on your own
Interactions of Ondem 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking tablet like Amiodarone for treating uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole...
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Ondem MD 8 tablet along with Apomorphine. Therefore, these medicines should not be used together
- Medicines like Tramadol, used to relieve pain, may not work when taken along with
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state, when taken along with medicines used to treat mental state like Citalopram or Sertraline...
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin may affect the actions of Ondem MD 8 tablet.