Omnacortil 5mg Tablet
Omnacortil 5 MG Description
Omnacortil 5 tablet is a medication used to treat various inflammatory and auto-immune conditions. These may include allergies, inflammation that affects different organs and systems in the body such as the lungs, blood vessels, heart, bowel, kidneys, muscles, joints, eyes and nervous system, as well as skin conditions, infections and certain types of cancers such as leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Omnacortil 5 is also prescribed to prevent organ rejection after a transplant and to increase steroid levels.
This medicine is a steroid containing prednisolone as its active component. Omnacortil 5 tablet works by modifying your immune response and reducing allergy and inflammation. It is helpful in preventing organ rejection during transplants and for certain types of cancer.
You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine. Also, it is important to inform your doctor about all ongoing medicines and your detailed medical history.
Uses of Omnacortil 5 MG
Contraindications of Omnacortil 5 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone, other steroids or any other ingredients of the Omnacortil-5 tablet.
- If you have any other infection and you are not on any other medicines to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eyes caused by the herpes virus.
Side effects of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of infections
- Reduced potassium levels
- Increased hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Omnacortil 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with the doctor.
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You are planning a pregnancy, as it can impair fertility.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- The Omnacortil 5 tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, and pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard growth.
Directions for Use of Omnacortil 5 MG
Storage and disposal of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in its original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Omnacortil 5 tablet is used to treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of chronic illnesses and various other medical conditions that require either inflammation reduction or immune system suppression....
- You should avoid taking any live vaccines while taking this medication because they can reduce the vaccine's effectiveness. It is also critical to inform your doctor about all current medications and your complete medical history....
- Use it no more frequently or for any length of time than your doctor has prescribed.
- Stopping Omnacortil 5 suddenly without first consulting your doctor may worsen your symptoms.
- Omnacortil 5 tablet can make it more difficult to fight infections. If you have any signs of infection, such as a fever or sore throat, call your doctor
Dosage of Omnacortil 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Omnacortil 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Omnacortil 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Live vaccines should not be given while taking Omnacortil-5 tablets, as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Omnacortil-5 works or the Omnacortil-5 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, painkillers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- Other medicines for treat asthma-like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Omnacortil 5 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking the Omnacortil on my own?
Q: Can I take vaccine if I am taking Omnacortil?
Q: Is Omnacortil safe for children?
Q: How to reduce side effects of Omnacortil 5 tablet?
- Talk to your doctor about any specific side effect bothering you.
- Your doctor may reduce the dose of your steroid medicine or suggest you an alternative route of administration.
- Make healthy food choices and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Taking steroids for too long can affect your bone health, consult your doctor if you can take Vitamin D and calcium supplement.
- Never stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can aggravate the side effects your doctor will reduce the dose gradually.