Omnacortil 5mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omnacortil 5 tablet is a steroid containing prednisolone as its active ingredient. This tablet is used for the treatment of a wide range of disease conditions. It is helpful in treating inflammatory diseases, blood disorders, skin conditions, and autoimmune diseases. Omnacortil 5 tablet works by imitating the action of natural steroid hormone produced in the body. It is also helpful in allergic conditions, certain cancer and during organ transplants. Before initiating treatment with this medicine inform your doctor about your complete medical and medication history....
|You Save||₹1.13 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Allergic condition, inflammation, auto-immune disorders|
|Side effects||Infection, weight gain, muscle weakness, impaired wound healing|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Allergic conditions
- Auto-immune disorders
- Inflammatory conditions
- Blood disorders
- Certain forms of cancer
- During organ transplant
- Skin related conditions
Contraindications of Omnacortil 5 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone, other steroids or any other ingredients of the Omnacortil-5 tablet.
- If you have any other infection and you are not on any other medicines to treat that infection.
- If you are suffering from a viral infection of the eyes caused by the herpes virus.
Side effects of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of infections
- Reduced potassium levels
- Increased hair growth
Precautions and Warnings of Omnacortil 5 MG
Can I take the Omnacortil 5 tablet during pregnancy?
The Omnacortil 5 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as it may increase the risk of growth retardation in the foetus. Thus, it should be taken only when the doctor recommends it. If you are taking the Omnacortil 5 tablet during pregnancy, the baby's growth will be checked often.
Can I take Omnacortil-5 tablet while breastfeeding?
Omnacortil-5 tablet passes into the breastmilk in small amounts. Thus, the use of this medicine is not recommended in breastfeeding mothers unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omnacortil-5 tablet?
Omnacortil-5 tablet has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Omnacortil-5 tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox, you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, discuss your condition with the doctor.
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is the probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You are planning a pregnancy, as it can impair fertility.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- The Omnacortil 5 tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Omnacortil 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Prednisolone is a synthetic form of naturally occurring steroid called corticosteroids. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and responsible for normal body functions. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies, inflammation and during organ transplantation and helps in reducing symptoms such as pain, swelling and allergic-type reactions. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Omnacortil 5 MG
Take Omnacortil-5 tablet as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Omnacortil 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Live vaccines should not be given while taking Omnacortil-5 tablets, as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Some medicines can affect the way the Omnacortil-5 works or the Omnacortil-5 tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, painkillers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- Other medicines for treat asthma-like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium level in blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit Juice should be avoided while on treatment with Omnacortil 5 tablets.
Storage and disposal of Omnacortil 5 MG
- Store this medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in its original packaging to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omnacortil 5 MG
An Overdose of the Omnacortil-5 tablet can cause behaviour-related changes, hallucinations, irregular heartbeats, irritation and anxiety. You must seek immediate medical assistance in case you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Omnacortil 5 tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases.
Q: Can I stop taking the Omnacortil on my own?
A: No, steroid therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take vaccine if I am taking Omnacortil?
A: Omnacortil-5 tablet can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is Omnacortil safe for children?
A: It should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision. Giving steroids to children for long term treatment can impair the growth.
Q: How to reduce side effects of Omnacortil 5 tablet?
- Talk to your doctor about any specific side effect bothering you.
- Your doctor may reduce the dose of your steroid medicine or suggest you an alternative route of administration.
- Make healthy food choices and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Taking steroids for too long can affect your bone health, consult your doctor if you can take Vitamin D and calcium supplement.
- Never stop taking this medicine abruptly as it can aggravate the side effects your doctor will reduce the dose gradually.
Q: Does Omnacortil 5 tablet help to grow hair?
A: No, this medicine doesn’t help in hair growth. Hair loss can be due to different reasons and sometimes it can be hormonal as well. Consult a specialist for better information on the cause of hair loss. Do not take this medicine on your own for any condition which is not prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Omnacortil for a sore throat?
A: No, it is not advisable to use this medicine for a sore throat. Self-medication should be strictly avoided. It is recommended to consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Q: Defcort 6 vs Omnacortil which one is better?
A: Defcort 6 tablet contains deflazacort whereas Omnacortil tablet contains prednisolone. Both these medicines are steroid and are generally used in various allergic & inflammatory conditions. Based on the cause and assessing your medical history, your doctor shall prescribe the suitable medicine for you. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is the difference between the Medrol 4mg and Omnacortil?
A: Medrol 4 mg tablet contains methylprednisolone whereas Omnacortil tablet contains prednisolone. Thus, the difference between them is their composition. These are steroidal medications and should be strictly taken under medical supervision. Your doctor will advise you on the most appropriate medicine based on your condition and severity.
Q: What is the composition of Omnacortil?
A: Omnacortil contains prednisolone as its active component.
Q: How long can I take Omnacortil?
A: You should take this medicine for the prescribed duration. Do not abruptly stop the treatment, as it may cause adverse effects.
Q: Can we take Omnacortil empty stomach?
A: You can take Omnacortil with or without food or as advised by your doctor. However, it should preferably be taken with food to prevent stomach upset.
Q: What is the side effect of Omnacortil?
A: Irritation, feeling angry, mood swings, impaired wound healing, weight gain are a few side effects that can be seen in a few individuals during the treatment. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often resolve on your own.
Q: Why is Omnacortil given?
A: Omnacortil is a steroid containing prednisolone as its active component. Omnacortil 5 is used for the treatment of various health conditions including allergies, inflammation and rheumatic disorders affecting various organs including bones, joints, skin, kidneys, lungs, etc.
Q: Does Omnacortil 5 cause jaundice?
A: No, there is no such incidence reported so far with the use of Omnacortil 5mg tablet.
Q: Is Omnacortil 5mg good for cough?
A: No, Omnacortil 5mg is not effective for cough. A cough could be due to different causes and hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine to treat the cough.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.