Omnacortil 40mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omnacortil 40 MG Description
Omnacortil 40 tablet is a steroid medicine. It helps in relieving pain and inflammation in various body parts due to inflammatory conditions like arthritis and allergic conditions like asthma and pso
riasis. Omnacortil 40 tablet contains prednisolone as the active ingredient. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Never stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹4.08 (12% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergic conditions, pain, inflammation|
|Side effects||Irritation, mood swings, infections|
Check more medicines with composition as Prednisolone(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Omnacortil 40 MG
- Omnacortil 40 tablet is used for the treatment of various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis, lung conditions, and allergies due to medicines.
- It is also used for relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts due to various conditions such as arthritis.
Contraindications of Omnacortil 40 MG
- If you are allergic to prednisolone or steroids or any other ingredient of Omnacortil 40 tablet.
- If you are suffering from any fungal infection.
- If you have been administered a live vaccination.
Side effects of Omnacortil 40 MG
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Omnacortil 40 MG
Can I take Omnacortil 40 tablet during pregnancy?
Omnacortil 40 tablet should be taken during pregnancy only when the doctor recommends it after assessing the benefits and the risk.
Can I take Omnacortil 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
Omnacortil 40 tablet may pass into breast milk in small amounts. Thus, you should only use this medicine during breastfeeding when prescribed by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omnacortil 40 tablet?
Omnacortil 40 tablet may cause dizziness, tiredness, and visual disturbances. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Omnacortil 40 tablet?
There is no known interaction of Omnacortil 40 tablet with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or develop an infection while on treatment.
- You have liver, kidney, or blood clotting problems.
- You have or had an underactive thyroid gland, fits, or tuberculosis.
- You have osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become brittle and weak).
- You have diabetes or any heart problems.
- You have ulcers or have problems with your intestines.
- You are suffering from pheochromocytoma or scleroderma.
- You experience mood disturbances and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- You already have an infection like a fungal infection, measles, or chickenpox, or you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response.
Mode of Action of Omnacortil 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Omnacortil 40 tablet acts by suppressing the immune response of the body to allergies and inflammation. It is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress.
Directions for Use of Omnacortil 40 MG
- Omnacortil 40 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Omnacortil 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Omnacortil 40 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking Omnacortil 40 tablet as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and antibiotics like rifampin and erythromycin can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital and phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like cyclosporine and methotrexate, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine....
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill, medicines for the treatment of thyroid disorders such as carbimazole and thiamazole, and medicines for treating heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin which is a growth hormone if taken along with Omnacortil 40 tablet can inhibit growth in an individual.
- Other medicines for treating asthma, like salbutamol may lead to an increase in potassium levels in the blood and you may experience irregular heartbeats.
Storage and disposal of Omnacortil 40 MG
- Store Omnacortil 40 tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omnacortil 40 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Omnacortil 40 tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before taking Omnacortil 40 tablet?
A: It is important to inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical/surgical history, especially if you have any diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidney ailments or liver diseases. Also, inform your doctor if you are planning to take any vaccine, as this tablet reduces the efficacy of the vaccine.
Q: Can I stop taking Omnacortil 40 tablet on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can I take a vaccine if I am on Omnacortil 40 tablet?
A: Omnacortil 40 tablet can reduce the effectiveness of some vaccines. Hence, it is best to consult your doctor before doing so.
Q: Is Omnacortil 40 tablet safe for children?
A: Omnacortil 40 tablet should only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision.
Q: Can I take Omnacortil 40 tablet more than the recommended dose?
A: No, you must take Omnacortil 40 tablet as per the recommendation of your doctor as taking more than the recommended dose of this tablet can lead to adverse effects. Visit your doctor or nearest hospital if you have taken too much of this medicine.
Q: Is the Omnacortil 40 tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, the Omnacortil 40 tablet is a steroid medicine, mainly used to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, psoriasis, autoimmune diseases, etc.
Q: When should I take Omnacortil 40?
A: Take Omnacortil 40 with breakfast so it doesn't upset your stomach or as per the schedule prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What is Omnacortil 40 used for?
A: Omnacortil 40 is used for the treatment of various allergic conditions like asthma, skin allergies including psoriasis and lung conditions and allergies due to medicines. It is also used for relieving pain and inflammation in different body parts and various conditions such as arthritis.
Q: Are prednisone and prednisolone the same?
A: Both prednisone and prednisolone are steroids used to relieve pain and inflammation. Prednisolone is the active form of prednisone that is responsible for showing an effect in the body.
- Prednisolone 30mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- Lactmed - Prednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
- Prednisolone 30mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 Apr 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed