Omega 20mg Capsule
Omega 20 MG Description
Omega Capsule is used to treat ulcers in the stomach and intestines, heartburn, chest pain due to acid reflux disease. It is also helpful in managing Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Omega Capsule contain
s Omeprazole as an active medicine. It acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Omee 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 61.87₹ 43.31₹
- Lomac 20mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 41.91₹ 35.62₹
- Omez 20 Capsules 20'sBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 61.48₹ 52.26₹
- Ocid 20mg Capsules 20'sBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 61.92₹ 52.63₹
Uses of Omega 20 MG
- Omega Capsule is used in treating heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- It is also used for the treatment of ulcers of the stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumor of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Omega 20 MG
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Omega Capsule.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are taking nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Omega 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Omega 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You have abnormal weight loss.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You are expected to take Omega Capsule for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with it.
Mode of Action of Omega 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Omega 20 MG
- Omega Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken without food preferably in the morning.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Omega 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Omega Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of Omega Capsule with Nelfinavir and Atazanavir used to treat HIV infection is not allowed.
- Concomitant use along with antifungals such as Posaconazole and anticancer medicine like Erlotinib should be avoided.
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing Digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omega Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like Clopidogrel, Cilostazol, Phenytoin, Saquinavir, Tacrolimus, Methotrexate, Rifampicin, Clarithromycin and Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Omega 20 MG
- Store Omega Capsules in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.