Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Olmin H Tablet contains a combination of two active ingredients - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. This tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Olmesar H lowers blood pressure by
elaxing the blood vessels. It also helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by producing more urine. This combined action lowers the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. However, this should be accompanied by changes in lifestyle that will help lower your blood pressure (losing weight, giving up smoking, reducing the amount of alcohol you drink, reducing the amount of salt in your diet, and regular exercise like walking). Follow your doctors instructions and take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by the doctor.
|You Save||₹33.21 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands|
Uses of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredient of Olmin H Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonamide-derived medicines like sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver disease (yellowing of the skin and eyes, problems with drainge of the bile from the gallbladder).
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have diabetes, low potassium levels, low sodium levels, high calcium levels, or high uric acid levels in your body.
Side effects of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The consumption of alcohol with Olmin H Tablet is not recommended because of the risk of development of orthodynamic hypotension (low blood pressure that occurs when you stand up from a sitting or lying down position). ...
- You may experience dizziness after standing up, blurred vision, weakness, nausea, confusion, and fainting. Thus, the use of alcohol while taking the Olmin H Tablet is to be avoided.
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines called aliskiren or ACE-inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril), especially for diabetes-related kidney problems.
- You have liver, kidney problems or if you have had a recent kidney transplant
- .You have heart failure or problems with your heart valves or heart muscles.
- You are taking high doses of a medicine called diuretics or if you are on a low salt diet.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands (primary aldosteronism), diabetes, asthma, allergies, or an autoimmune disease called lupus erythematosus.
- You have had skin cancer or if you develop an unexpected skin lesion during the treatment.
- You experienced breathing or lung problems (including inflammation or fluid in the lungs)
- after taking hydrochlorothiazide in the past.
- You develop diarrhoea that is severe, continues for a long time, and causes weight loss.
- You notice a decrease in vision or eye pain.
- You develop symptoms like thirst, dryness of the mouth, muscle pain or cramps, low blood pressure, feeling weak, sluggish, tired, sleepy or restless, nausea, vomiting, less need to pass urine.
- You are due to have tests for parathyroid function.
- You are pregnant, you plan on becoming pregnant soon, or become pregnant during the course of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Olmesar H contains two active substances that help to lower the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. The tightening of the blood vessels restricts proper blood flow and causes the blood pressure to increase. When this substance is blocked, the blood vessels relax and blood flow occurs easily. As a result, the blood pressure is lowered. ...
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by making your kidneys produce more urine. This leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olmin H Tablet works, or Olmesar H itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Olmin H Tablet should not be used along with medicines containing lithium, ACE-inhibitors (captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, benazepril, fosinopril), angiotensin II receptor blockers (azilsartan, fimasartan), aliskiren, medicines affecting potassium levels (potassium-sparing diuretics like spironolactone, potassium supplements, salt substitutes containing potassium, other medicinal products that may increase potassium levels like heparin), and bile acid sequestering agent colesevelam....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm, abnormal cholesterol levels, skeletal muscle relaxants, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder...
Storage and disposal of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Olmin H 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is essential hypertension (high blood pressure) and what are its causes?
Q: How often should I take Olmin H Tablets?
Q: What food and drinks should I avoid if I am taking medicines for high blood pressure?
Q: What are the side effects that can occur with the use of Olmin H Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].
- OLMECIP H Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022].